Indian Heritage Cities Network Foundation (IHCN-F)
Location: Mysore, Karnataka
Last Date: November 26, 2010
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Seeking a Director for IHCN-F
Location: Mysore, Karnataka (INDIA)
Last Date: 26 November 2010
The Indian Heritage Cities Network Foundation (IHCN-F), a membership driven organization for the heritage-based development of urban India, which enjoys wide-ranging national and international support and acknowledgement, announces the recruitment of a dynamic professional, to head its operations and build the organization into a nationally and internationally recognized institution of major impact in sustainable urban development of historic Indian cities.
The IHCN-F was founded in 2009 with the support of UNESCO New Delhi office and the endorsement of the Ministry of Urban Development, Govt. of India. It bases its operations on the UNESCO-led program of the Indian Heritage Cities Network running since 2006, which currently has 24 Indian member cities, 7 Indian Institutional members, over 20 NGO members and number of international partners, including the French heritage cities Association (ANVPAH) and others. A hand-over of all operations from the UNESCO-led program to the IHCN-F, including the move of office and core team from Delhi to Mysore, where the IHCN-F will in the future be hosted, will be the first important activity of the newly recruited Director.
The Director shall be at the centre of building the IHCN-F as an Indian Institution together with a dedicated technical team forming the Secretariat, the Board of Trustees and its Chairperson, a General Assembly of members, an Advisory Committee, number of regional and thematic Sub-Committees. He/She shall help to develop and improve structure, systems, and ways of working; build new activities, coordinate and support the raising of a corpus fund and promote the Foundation. He/she shall serve as a counterpart to UNESCO while coordinating and managing the transmission of programmes; strengthen the Network of members and partners and build sustainable and fruitful collaboration. Most importantly, however, the Director of the IHCN-F, together with the technical team, trustees and active members, will face the ambitious challenge to develop the IHCN-F as a vibrant organization, which shall, in the years to come, shape the face of urban India through better preservation, management and sustainable use of urban heritage.
1. Build the institutional capacity of the IHCN-F;
2. Head the secretariat and technical team;
3. Build the administrative structure, working systems, human resources, etc.
4. Organize, through the Secretariat, the annual General Assembly of members, the half-yearly meetings of the Board of Trustees and Advisory Committee;
5. Establish and take support of the sub-committees;
6. Manage the team, resources, program and budget of IHCN-F;
7. Be responsible for team building, hiring of staff and consultants, interns and other human resources to support the work and activities of the IHCN-F;
8. Develop new program activities and budget on a biennial basis;
9. Coordinate fundraising activities to build corpus fund of IHCN-F;
10. Consolidate and build on the network of members and partners;
11. Liaise with members and partners to develop cooperative activities;
12. Closely work with the Chairperson, Vice-Chair and the Board of Trustees.
1. Minimum 10 years of professional experience of managing an organization and its activities;
2. Excellent leadership abilities as well as the ease to work in a team;
3. Excellent communication and networking skills;
4. Enthusiasm and energy to build a new organization in a challenging environment;
5. Ability to engage Trustees, General Assembly of Members, Advisory Committee and Sub-Committees, to contribute in the best ever way to the development and running of the IHCN-F;
6. Experience in the urban sector, architecture, planning and/or conservation will be an asset.
The position is advertised for an initial period of two years renewable starting 1 January 2011. During the month of January 2011, the Director will work at the premises of UNESCO New Delhi for a four week hand-over period. Starting 1st February 2011, the full-time position will be based in Mysore.
The emoluments will be 1’50’000 INR/month. No additional benefits are given. All expenses necessary for the execution of duties such as travel, etc. are covered separately.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit a letter of intent along with a detailed resume no later than 26 November 2010 by e-mail or hard copy to:
Indian Heritage Cities Network Foundation
c/o UNESCO New Delhi
B-5 29, Safdarjung Enclave
New Delhi 110029