Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Program Director- Natural Resource Management and Livelihoods
Location: Washington DC
Last Date: January 15, 2011
Pact seeks candidates for a Program Director position, who will be responsible for the overall coordination, management and technical leadership of a large USAID Indefinite Quantity Contract (IQC) focused on Natural Resource Management (NRM) and Livelihoods. The PD will be responsible for: working with the Opportunity Development team to coordinate the consortium’s response to Requests for Task Order Proposals (RFTOPS) and maintaining good working relationships with USAID and the IQC consortium members. The PD will also manage and provide senior-level technical support in NRM and Livelihoods programming and will coordinate with relevant staff and stakeholders on program development and implementation for individual Task Orders.
Note: This position is for inclusion in an upcoming proposal submission and is contingent on award of funding.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide overall administrative and technical leadership for the program;
• Serve as primary point of contact and liaison to USAID;
• Oversee and coordinate the consortium’s strategic response to Task Orders in coordination with the consortium partners and the Opportunity Development team;
• Undertake managerial responsibilities including oversight of quality control and overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract;
• Stay abreast of new information and research on best practices related to integrated approaches to natural resource management and livelihoods development;
• Ensure compliance with HQ and USAID requirements, policies and regulations.
• Experience in a management role for USAID-funded Indefinite Quantity Contracts (IQCs) or similar complex, global programs involving multiple actors;
• A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a high profile, fast paced environment;
• Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks;
• Ability to provide the financial management and oversight necessary to successfully execute a large-scale program;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to collegially manage a consortium of peer organizations;
• Practical knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
• Demonstrated ability to work with USAID, particularly on contacts;
• Demonstrated capacity to oversee complex programs with many implementation sites, partners and beneficiaries;
• Ability to travel internationally on short notice and secure visas without restriction.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Master’s degree or higher in an NRM-related field.
• Five years of previous experience in US-government IQC management;
• Ten years of relevant experience managing large donor-funded, NRM-related programs.
• Seven to ten years in a management position whose responsibilities include supervising senior staff.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with USAID-funded NRM programs.
• Previous work experience in Latin America, Asia and/or Africa, preferably on USAID-funded projects.
• Fluency in English required.
• Proficiency in French, Spanish, or other major foreign language a distinct advantage.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit applications to the Pact website http://www.pactworld.org as soon as possible, and no later than January 15, 2011.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to