Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Advancement Officer/Church Mobilizer
Last Date: December 3, 2010
Advancement Officer/Church Mobilizer
World Relief - Chicago
Reports to: Executive Director (Office Director)
Vision & Position Summary: World Relief Chicago is a Christian non-profit organization whose mission is to empower the local church to serve the most vulnerable. This position is intended to raise funds, in-kind donations, and gifts and recruit volunteers. In addition, this position intends to prepare local churches for effective ministry among immigrants (including refugees) in addition, it intends to partner with and raise awareness among community businesses, organizations and individual donors.
• Assist Executive Director with developing a comprehensive marketing/awareness/fundraising plan
• Engage in opportunities to raise private funds within the local area churches, as well as individual donors, organizations, businesses, and foundations (if/when applicable)
• Work with Interns, staff members, advisory council and partners to plan large events including but not limited to an annual appreciation dinner for volunteers and partners, a targeted fundraising event for pastors and Christian leaders, and a community silent auction benefit
• Develop and execute (in coordination with World Relief’s Church Engagement and Marketing offices) a quarterly newsletter, direct mail items with clear asks, and a creative email blast to partners, donors, churches, organizations and businesses highlighting success stories from World Relief Chicago to keep donors and partners informed of WR’s activities
• Engage in social media activities utilizing it as an effective tool to create awareness about World Relief
• Develop (in working with World Relief’s Marketing offices) an effective online giving system for World Relief’s Chicago office
• Maintain appropriate volunteer and donor involvement information in databases. Make every effort to equally distribute volunteers according to volume of cases, considering the needs and the urgency of the programs
• Be responsible for entering Gift in Kind donations as well as any other donations in the appropriate database, or overseeing a volunteer or intern that would do so, to meet Grant requirements
• Along with Executive Director, build relationships with pastors and church leaders through one-on-one relational meetings
• Facilitate networks of church leaders focused on immigrant ministry and serving their local community (or join such a network, if applicable)
• Coordinate pastors’ forums to bring together immigrant and non-immigrant pastors and to discuss immigrant ministry & immigration issues
• Serve as a vision-caster and trainer for church leaders on why the church has a role in immigration reform and how to advocate for it
• Seek out churches interested in partnering with World Relief to provide services to immigrants (including refugees) through WR’s core programs
• Work with current WR program leaders to equip local churches with the WR technical skills necessary for effective service to the most vulnerable
Chicago Staff Team Support
• Communicate with staff about anticipated needs for volunteer/intern involvement and actively seek volunteers for the staff’s needs
• Attend regular staff meetings
• Work with Resettlement, Education, Youth and Legal services staff on building awareness and expanding church involvement
• Any other duties as assigned by Executive Director
• Personal faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to the mission and vision of World Relief
• Highly self-motivated
• Experience in fundraising, marketing and public relations
• Flexibility and good problem-solving abilities
• Desire to develop relationships with churches, volunteers, refugees, and immigrants
• Must have cross-cultural experience & competency to effectively relate to church leaders across different ethnic groups
• Must understand the American evangelical church and be able to communicate effectively with Christians from a range of denominational and ethnic backgrounds
• Must be willing to research and articulate a vision based on demographic realities and trending within the approximate 50 mile radius of the field office
• Must be, or be willing to become, well-informed on the basics of how US immigration laws and policies function and affect immigrant communities and local churches
• A commitment to working with a team, and demonstrated ability to bring people together to work as a team
• Cross-cultural experience and an ability to educate others about cross-cultural relationships and dynamics
• Excellent interpersonal and written/spoken communication skills
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, organize, remain self-motivated, and be attentive to details with ability to follow a project through to its successful completion.
• Basic computer skills required (Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point); other design/marketing skills a plus
To apply to this job, go to: http://worldrelief.org/jobs
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to