Fairtrade Certification Analyst
- Southern Africa (m/f)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Last Date: March 11, 2011
Fairtrade is a trading partnership, based on dialogue, transparency and respect. FLO-CERT,
an independent international certification company provides the credibility, trust and
transparency behind the Fairtrade Label.
With over 2000 clients in more than 70 countries, FLO-CERT has become one of the
world's leading social certification bodies - empowering over one million farmers and wage workers
and their families in the global south through access to the Fairtrade market.
FLO-CERT currently has a vacancy in its Certification Department for a pro-active, customer
orientated and service driven new staff member in its South African office with an interest in
Fairtrade Certification Analyst - Southern Africa (m/f)
(LOCATION : Cape Town, South Africa)
FLO-Cert is looking for an enthusiastic and business oriented person who is willing to
coordinate and to administer the Fairtrade certification of companies in assigned countries
in Southern Africa. The ability to deal with traders and producers of Fairtrade certified
products and the availability to travel to assigned countries in Southern Africa to perform
Fairtrade audits is required. Attention to detail, willingness to learn and team work are
essential assets in this position. The person will be part of a dynamic and multicultural
team which is responsible for the certification of Fairtrade customers in Southern Africa.
* Act as a trader and producer responsible for the certification of assigned operators.
* Evaluate operators for assigned products against Trade and Producer Standards.
* Answer requests of Traders and Producers from assigned countries.
* Perform evaluations of audit reports against Fairtrade Trade and Producer Standards
* Perform Fairtrade audits of customers in assigned countries in Southern Africa.
* Communicate actively with applicants and certified customers and assist them with
all necessary information.
* Actively participate in the annual audit planning for assigned countries.
* Instruct customers on FLO Fairtrade requirements
* Identify special needs of Key Accounts and act as account manager.
* Answer trade and producer certification related questions.
* Answer Labeling Initiatives special requests.
* Assist in the selection, evaluation and training of Auditors.
* Assist in constant improvement of certification processes.
* Regional Manager South Africa
* University level education (or equivalent / professional education) in a relevant
subject (Business, Marketing, Agronomy, Law, Economics, sociology, etc.).
* 2 years related business experience.
* Familiar with the certification systems (e.g. organic, FSC, MSC, SA8000, ISO 14001,
etc) in particular with ISO 65 accreditation.
* Fluent in English and Afrikaans oral and written.
* A team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
* A pro-active, hard working and reliable individual and work style.
* Excellent communication skills, flexible, experience in dealing with different cultures.
* Strong dedication towards customer service.
* Strong computer literacy and ability to work with various applications.
* Motivation for Fairtrade and the expansion and marketing of FLO-CERT services.
* Prior experience in social or organic auditing.
* Knowledge of the agricultural sector in Southern Africa.
* Knowledge in accounting and billing.
* The ability to communicate in other commonly used Southern African languages
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* Job Share: 100%.
* Position is based in the FLO-Cert Office in Cape Town, South Africa.
* The office language is English.
* Salary is market- and experience related.
* Start date: as soon as possible.
* Please apply via e-mail to email@example.com (Re: Analyst SA) submitting your
application documents in English, with Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and salary
indication to Ms B. Page-Shipp.
* Deadline for applications: 11th of March 2011.
* Interviews will be held during the week of 14 March 2011 (calendar week 11). Please
note that only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Please consult www.flo-cert.net for more information on FLO-CERT GmbH and
the Fairtrade movement.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to