Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Administration and Finance Manager
Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe / Diakonie Emergency Aid
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Last Date: October 20, 2010
Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe / Diakonie Emergency Aid is a German non-governmental organization providing worldwide humanitarian aid. Diakonie has been working in Pakistan since earthquake in 2005. Having implemented relief, recovery and rehabilitation operations in AJK and KPK, DKH has started its emergency relief and early-recovery operations in KPK and Punjab after the devastating floods in Pakistan.
For its flood-relief-programme, based in Islamabad, we are seeking an
Administration and Finance Manager for Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe Project Office Pakistan
Assignment Period: as soon as possible – 31 December 2011 with possibility of extension
• Developing, interpreting, implementing and coordinating internal finance accounting, billing, and auditing procedures
• Supervising the preparation of vouchers, bills, invoices and supporting documents for entry into the computerized accounting system (SAGA/Epiconcept)
• Supervising and auditing of all payables and receivables
B. Finance Management
• Planning, coordinating and evaluating the operational and project budgets and producing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, as required
• Summarizing and forecasting the finances in terms of income, expenses, cash flow and projected expenditure
• Supervising bank relations and bank account activities including negotiation of fees, interest and currency exchange rates
• Developing schedules and supervising the completion of country external audits, and initiating actions necessary to correct weaknesses
• Maintaining all financial, administrative and project related paper-based and electronic records, files, folders and documents in an accurate and orderly manner
• Supervising the work of the Finance Coordinator, Admin/HR Officer, Base Manager, Accounts Assistant, Logistics Officer, Support Staff and Drivers, for ensuring their good performance
• Ensuring that donor compliances and regulations are followed;
• Briefing new expatriate staff regarding DKH operational policy and procedures, including a Health, Safety and Security induction;
The requested minimum qualifications are as follows:
• University education and training in a relevant field;
• Minimum 5 years successful experience with administration, finance and staff management;
• Minimum 2 years experience with health, safety and security management;
• Sound knowledge in at least one accounting software, preferably SAGA/Epiconcept;
• Proven skills in budgeting and financial reporting.
For this post, the following further qualifications are an asset:
• demonstrated understanding of and experience with policies, protocols, and procedures of international NGOs and donor agencies;
• good understanding of key principles of international NGOs including accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence, cooperation, and intercultural understanding;
• excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation;
• excellent knowledge of the English language and computer skills;
• prior experience living and working in insecure and harsh environments;
• strong commitment to teamwork;
• effective communication, motivating leadership and interpersonal skills;
• belief in the principles of participatory approaches to relief, recovery and development.
The remuneration will follow internationally acceptable standards.
Closing date: October 20, 2010
Please send your application and CV by e-mail to the Administration and Finance Manager Thomas Hegenauer at Diakonie Headquarter,
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to