Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Last Date: April 24, 2011
Title: ERP Coordinator
Programme/Division: Administration and Finance
ICIMOD is a regional knowledge development and learning centre serving the eight regional member countries of the Hindu Kush-Himalayas – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan. We're working to develop an economically and environmentally sound mountain ecosystem to improve the living standards of mountain populations -– now, and for the future. In line with its new Strategic Framework, ICIMOD is strengthening its capacity to develop new approaches to meet the growing challenges in the region posed by climate change and globalisation.
ICIMOD is engaged in implementing and transforming MS Dynamics NAV (Navision) into a fully functional ERP (enterprise resource planning) platform. In order to coordinate this process, ICIMOD is looking for a senior level candidate with a sound knowledge of the Navision system and ERP implementation. This position is based at the Centre’s headquarters in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Responsibilities and tasks
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Administration and Finance, in close coordination with the ICT Specialist, and in consultation with other programme/division staff at the Centre, the ERP Coordinator shall perform the following.
• Coordinate and be responsible for the implementation of the ERP system MS Dynamics Navision at ICIMOD, including enhancement of already implemented modules.
• Conduct business process and gap analysis
• Configure and administer the ERP system including creating user accounts; assigning privileges, permissions, and access control roles; and periodic backup and system setup
• Work in close coordination with the team of consultants for the development and implementation of the ERP System.
• Coordinate and interact with the non-finance functions within the organisation for identification of evolving information needs and for on the job training as and when required
• Act as the ERP focal person for the organisation, including day-to-day operational support to the users, and organisation of training and capacity building programmes for both finance and non finance functions
• Ensure compliance of IT policies and procedures (security, backup, access control, documentation, active directory, disaster recovery, etc) in ERP implementation. Work in close coordination with the IT team and liaise with the IT auditor on matters related to the ERP.
- Master’s degree in IT or related field required.
- Additional qualification in accounting/financial/management/business administration will be an asset
- Minimum two years of extensive experience in ERP implementation, including both technical and functional aspects of MS Dynamics Navision
- Fully conversant with the fundamentals of relational database management systems (RDBMS) and familiar with MS SQL Server
- Demonstrated experience of programming in ASP.Net and C/AL
- Some experience in accounting systems and financial management and planning and monitoring tools will be of added value.
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Client orientation and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
Fixed term contract
As early as possible but not later than 1st of June 2011
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualification as per the rules of ICIMOD.
Gender and Equity Policy
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. ICIMOD implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women. It operates a Day-Care Centre at the campus and is committed to gender mainstreaming at the organisational and programmatic levels.
Method of application
Applicants are requested to apply online before 24 April 2011 through ICIMOD’s online application system: http://www.icimod.org/vacancies. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to