Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Java programmer/ System Developer
Last Date: November 30, 2010
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Java programmer/system developer
FAO Forestry is running an IT project supplying the department with tools and services enhancing the overall efficiency in accomplishing the Department’s organizational deliveries. Lead words are quicker, simpler, with less fuzz, so the department can do more in meeting the overall FAO goal: a world without hunger.
Developed systems are Web based. Corporate ICT standards as Java, MySql/Oracle, and CAF are used when developing these. New modules are put into use at regular intervals, while existing ones are further developed as they are being used and tested across the department. The team is small and tight. A programmer will have to maintain modules as well as develop new functionality in collaboration with users and supervisors.
Duties and responsibilities
The consultant works under the overall guidance of the Team leader FOEL and the direct supervision of the Forestry Officer FOEL, together with the members in the forestry system development team, and shall carry out the following tasks:
• Maintain existing modules as meetings, comments, education material, among others, thereby obtaining an general knowledge about the system and its architecture;
• Re‐writing the networking module into a more modern user interface, adding identified features and establishing linkages to the in house developed CMS;
• Test and interact with users and the development team, making corrections when deemed necessary;
• Perform other related duties as requested;
Applications will be assessed again the following
• Demonstrated experience in writing working industry standard Java code (samples will be requested);
• Overall level and experience in the modern Java development stack;
• Ability to work as an efficient team member with limited supervision;
Duty station: Rome, Italy
Deadline for application: November 30, 2010
Duration: 11 months with the possibility of extension.
Candidatures: Please complete the FAO Personal History Form, found on http://www.fao.org/VA/adm11e.dot and send it to the email address:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to