Receptionist and Secretary
Last Date: May 10, 2010
Receptionist and Secretary
based at Lucknow
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in India.
PATH is a US-based international nonprofit organization with the mission to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors. PATH’s India program is based in New Delhi with sub-offices in Bhopal, Hyderabad, Lucknow, and Mumbai. PATH in India has developed a diverse portfolio of public health programming in the fields of immunization, infectious and vector-borne diseases, health technology commercialization, vaccine development and introduction, HIV and sexual and reproductive health, and maternal and newborn health. PATH maintains a diverse base of funding in support of its work in India that includes bilateral and multilateral donors as well as several private foundations.
PATH has a growing portfolio in maternal and newborn health. One of the major projects in this portfolio is a five-year project, Sure Start, that aims to reduce maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity in the states of Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra. Sure Start works in partnership with lead nongovernmental organizations in seven districts of Uttar Pradesh and seven urban sites in Maharashtra to improve maternal and newborn health through community action.
PATH invites applications for the position of Receptionist and Secretary based at Lucknow. The responsibilities shall include:
• Managing the front office.
• Greeting visitors.
• Providing secretarial and administrative support.
• Managing internal and external communication.
• Upkeep of the office and equipment.
• Logistics management, including staff travel, office dispatch, and bills.
• Liaison with PATH partners.
• Record keeping.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Pleasing personality.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
• Effective in time management and working under deadlines.
• Ability to work in multicultural work environment.
• Commitment to quality and service.
• Proven ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
• Fluency in English and Hindi, including excellent written and oral communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree with three years of experience working in an administrative and secretarial role for a national or international development/health sector organization.
PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should visit
www.path.org to apply online.