Location: Ministry of Women and Child Development, New Delhi
Last Date: June 10, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
IMaCS is a consulting firm with more than 15 years of experience in executing consulting assignments across diverse sectors in India and overseas. IMaCS has been engaged by an UN Agency to provide Technical financial and human resource support to various programmes and operation. In this regard, IMaCS invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of senior consultant to technical and executive support and contribute to strengthen Government efforts at coordinating CRC and law and policy review and implementation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Provide technical inputs and support as required towards formulation, review, dissemination, follow up actions for key child rights related priorities for 2011:
• Support all technical and coordination work related to the review of the National Policy for Children and finalisation of the new Policy, including conduct of the National Consultation on the same.;
• Support the Bureau in coordinating the consultations and development of the new National Plan of Action for Children;
• Support consultations/research/ coordination and consolidation of comments on Draft Sexual Offences against the Child Bill, 2010;
• Support coordination of all follow up work related to the CRC reporting and National Coordination Group/coordination with all Ministries on children’s agenda;
2. Support MWCD in:
• Preparing key status reports/ presentations on children; documenting key issues/meetings and preparing draft working/discussion papers;
• Support MWCD in the coordination of meetings and consultations on child rights/ policy/law review and development issues,
• Other tasks related to child rights/law and policy review as assigned by the Joint Secretary (Child Welfare) and the Director (Child Welfare I), MWCD.
• Support MWCD to strengthen the resource base on Child Rights and develop a data base on key agreed issues (Key References/CDs/etc).
Qualification and Experience:
• A Master degree in social sciences/ international law/ or related technical field.
• At least 5-8 years of work experience related to social work, child rights/protection and research in this field.
• Knowledge of child legislation/international standards/legal experience to be considered an additional asset.
• Computer skills and excellent writing skills.
• Fluency in English and knowledge of Hindi an asset.
Contract Duration and Appointment: Initially for one year, but renewable. He/ She would be located within the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, New Delhi. The professional fee would be Rs 90000 per month depending on the qualification and experience.
Interested candidate may download prescribed application form as CV Format and email duly filled application format to
by or before 10th June , 2011. Last date of receiving application is 10th June 2011. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.