Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Deputy Country Representative
The Asia Foundation
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Last Date: July 22, 2011
Deputy Country Representative, Afghanistan
The Deputy Country Representative (DCR) is one of three deputy positions and is among the senior Foundation employees in the Afghanistan office. Under the direction of the Country Representative, each DCR provides leadership support and is responsible for assisting the Country Representative in managing the Foundation’s work in Afghanistan, including security, administration, information management, fiscal and grant management; the direction, supervision, and evaluation of employees; and the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of program activities, as assigned. The DCRs also assist the Country Representative in representing The Asia Foundation to the Afghan government, donors, partner agencies, diplomatic missions, Afghan and international institutions, and the media.
The Asia Foundation’s Afghanistan program has an annual budget of $30+ million and a team of 250 Afghans and international staff from 12 different countries. Program areas include: strengthening government institutions at the central and sub-national levels; broadening and deepening political participation; contributing to the advancement of Afghan women; and improving quality and access to higher education. See
www.asiafoundation.org for more program information.
• Minimum seven years of progressively responsible experience in international development in Asia, with private, public, bilateral or multilateral development institutions and non-profit organizations.
• Demonstrated proposal-and report-writing ability, fundraising, and managing international donor-funded projects.
• Strong track record in program and grants management
• Excellent management skills and experience supervising multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking experience; proven interpersonal and intercultural skills, including flexibility and sensitivity.
• Living and working experience in Afghanistan or the South Asia region, with knowledge of related languages.
• Master's degree, or earned doctorate in one or more of the following fields: political science, law, social sciences, public policy, international relations, women’s studies, economics, or Asian Studies.
The Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. To apply please visit our website at
www.asiafoundation.org/about/employment/ and select “Regular Employment.” The application deadline is 22 July, 2011.
When submitting your application please put your cover letter and resume in one document and submit it as an attachment. We will only consider applicants who provide a cover letter including salary requirements along with their resume, and submit their application prior to the deadline. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to