Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Teck Resources, Turkey
Location: Ankara or Canakkale, Turkey
Last Date: June 26, 2011
Teck Resources Limited
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral exploration and development with major business units focused on copper, metallurgical coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at
We are currently seeking an individual for our Exploration Group in Turkey in the role of:
Teck Exploration is currently seeking a suitably qualified individual to lead and support stakeholder and engagement and social responsibility activities related to their projects in Turkey. The position will report directly to the Country Manager for Turkey, work closely with exploration project managers and geoscientists, and be supported by the Corporate Manager, Social Responsibility. The Communities Specialist will be the key point of contact between Communities of Interest and exploration projects in Turkey and is responsible for developing and implementing engagement plans and related social responsibilities strategies such as community investment and local content. All plans and activities will be aligned with Teck’s Environment, Health, Safety and Community Management Standards and our commitments to external initiatives such as the ICMM Sustainable Development Framework, UN Global Compact and IFC Performance Standards.
The position is based in Ankara or in Çan, Çanakkale with frequent travel to communities in the Çanakkale region
• Build, manage and coach a communities team appropriate to the Company activities and exploration projects.
• Develop and implement appropriate stakeholder engagement plans to facilitate effective, early and on-going communication and constructive dialogue. Stakeholders may include project-affected communities, government and local authorities, land and resource users, social organisations, local businesses, NGOs and the media.
• Produce communications and media materials and represent the Company at community and other events.
• Implement and manage the community feedback and grievance mechanism and respond to concerns of stakeholders including the management of disagreement or conflict.
• Manage and update any project-related social baseline studies.
• Develop and co-ordinate social investment programs to enhance local and participative sustainable development.
• Manage the local employment and procurement program.
• Tracking and reporting for CoI engagement and other social responsibility activities using Teck databases such as Streamline and TrackLine.
• Provide monthly update reports on activities, issues and concerns.
• Ensure that the Country Manager and other relevant staff are aware at all times of any risks and opportunities associated with stakeholders around projects.
• Provide communities induction and training to exploration staff.
• Ensure that exploration activities are respectful of human rights.
• Stay current in events, policy and legal changes applicable to community relations and exploration/mining in Turkey.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Social Sciences, Business or Public Administration, Social Work, Sustainability, or equivalent work experience. An advanced degree (e.g. Masters) or equivalent work experience would be an advantage
• At least 5 years direct community relations experience and knowledge of relevant approaches and methodologies and a detailed understanding of social and community issues in Turkey.
• Experience of effectively leading and managing people and teams.
• Experience of working in rural areas.
• Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills and experience of working with a broad range of people and groups.
• Results-oriented with excellent organizational, planning, program management and decision making skills.
• Computer skills e.g. Microsoft office applications
• High degree of initiative, self-motivation, accountability, and independent judgment.
• Integrity, respect and solutions-focused with a commitment to respectful, inclusive and sustainable community development.
• Experience and understanding of the extractives sector and exploration, and knowledge of international standards such as UN Millennium Goals and IFC Performance Standards.
• Written and spoken Turkish and English.
• Ability to travel regionally
• Active driver with a B-Class driving license
Qualified candidates are requested to forward a cover letter and resume by email to:
email@example.com , or in writing to:
Teck Madencilik Tic. San. A. ª.
Turan Güneº Bulv. No: 86/4
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Teck is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. Information provided will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to