Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to almost
0.5 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Representative (Team Leader)
Swiss Red Cross
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Last Date: May 23, 2010
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is involved in the planning and implementation of reconstruction and rehabilitation programmes in several disaster affected areas abroad. For our programme in Haiti we are looking for a
To be based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Following emergency relief work in close cooperation with the Haitian Red Crescent Society (HRC) and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), SRC has carried out rehabilitation assessments and prepared a framework for projects. Your work will build on these preliminary assessments.
• To start up an SRC office in cooperation with the IFRC and HRC
• To carry out necessary surveys of reconstruction needs in the designated area
• To design – in coordination with SRC HQ – a comprehensive rehabilitation project including the three elements
• To contribute to comprehensive project documents including implementation plan, log frame and detail budget
• To appoint the necessary staff including local or regional project engineer(s)
• To start up the project and to manage its implementation
• Project Management experience in humanitarian aid and post-disaster
reconstruction with focus on reconstruction of housing, health and public
• Post disaster health experience
• Expertise in participatory planning, monitoring and community work
• Analytical and strategic planning skills (Project Cycle Management -PCM)
• Strong people management and leadership skills
• Experience in financial management and administration of post emergency operations
• Diplomacy, tact, team spirit and negotiation skills
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to adapt
• Fluency in French (working language)
Familiarity with Red Cross Movement is an advantage.
Duration of contract: 12 months with the option of extension, starting as soon as possible or according to agreement.
Adequate salary, social insurances, travel and accommodation expenses provided.
Due to the urgent nature of this recruitment, candidate reviews will commence immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement and will continue until a suitable candidate has been identified. Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their application without delay.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested, please address your application with CV and names of two referees (will be contacted only if candidate is shortlisted) to:
Swiss Red Cross, attn. Andrea Zurbuchen, Rainmattstrasse 10, 3001 Bern, Switzerland, or
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to