Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Leader, Community Engagement
Location: Vancouver, Canada with travel to sites
Last Date: December 8, 2010
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, metallurgical coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com.
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of:
Leader, Community Engagement
Reporting to the Manager, Social Responsibility, the Leader, Community Engagement assists in the development and delivery of programs and initiatives to achieve Teck’s community engagement and development goals for Teck’s operations, development projects and exploration group. The position is based in Vancouver, with travel to sites.
• Advance the implementation of Teck’s corporate strategy and goals in the areas of community engagement and dialogue and sustainable community development.
• Assist sites through provision of training and professional advice to ensure compliance with Teck’s Code of of Sustainable Conduct, Community and Indigenous Peoples Management Standards, and any other relevant commitments.
• Manage and carry-out community mapping, development of community engagement and dialogue plans, and execution of social impact assessments for projects and identification of key community of interest priorities and related performance indicators.
• Support the implementation of Teck’s community investment policy at sites, including development and monitoring of KPIs.
• Work collaboratively with Environment, Health and Safety team members on corporate assurance and audit programs for community functions.
• Support the development and implementation of SMART (Social Management and Responsibility Toolkit) and SMART-Exploration toolkits.
• Facilitate internal communication and integration between Teck communities personnel and other internal groups e.g. environment, health and safety, and including the management of our electronic-Community of Practice.
• Administer corporate monitoring and reporting mechanisms for communities (e.g. annual sustainability report and quarterly reports to senior management).
• Provide on-going advice, support and capacity building to the Communities function of business units and projects/sites, including input into the design, development and periodic review of strategies for community engagement and sustainable community investment.
• Assist the external communication of Teck’s community activities and programs.
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant professional work experience.
• Post-graduate education in social sciences, sustainability, social policy or other related fields.
• Familiarity with the extractives sector and community related topics.
• Demonstrated success designing, managing and evaluating, community mapping, social/community strategies and programs, in particular related to community engagement and dialogue, and community investment.
• Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills and experience of working with a broad range of people and groups.
• Experience in monitoring and reporting on community initiatives and indicators.
• Results-oriented with excellent organizational, planning and decision making skills.
• Experience of partnership and multi-sector working, especially related to communities.
• Knowledge and experience of international principles and best practice related to communities and social responsibility e.g. International Council on Mining and Metals (ICMM), UN Global Compact, UN Millennium Development Goals, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
• Budgeting and resource management and planning experience
• Computer literacy in Microsoft programs and other IT programs
• Integrity, respect and solutions-focused with a commitment to participatory community and sustainable development.
• Knowledge and experience of work with Aboriginal groups is an asset.
• Language skills, especially Spanish, are desirable
Qualified candidates are requested to forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com before December 8, 2010.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to