Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Child Labor Researcher (s)
Last Date: May 31, 2011
Email: IHDDJobs@gmail.com (Reference:
URGENT: CHILD LABOR RESEARCHER(S) FOR RWANDA
ICF Macro is conducting a research study on child labor in Rwanda for the U.S. Department of Labor. This study aims to estimate the number of children working in agriculture in Rwanda and to obtain representative information on the working conditions of these children. A secondary goal is to develop a broader understanding of the causes of child labor by analyzing community and household level variables that may explain children’s involvement in agriculture.
ICF Macro seeks a local data collection agency with experience in conducting large scale quantitative research. A competent research team will also be considered. Experience with labor issues or vulnerable populations is preferred. Data collection will take place in July.
The candidate(s) must have the following required qualifications:
• Must have directed research on human rights, gender or other development issues in Rwanda, with child labor research particularly desirable
• Demonstrated experience in conducting large-scale quantitative studies
• Ability to access a team of researchers who will be responsible for carrying out the fieldwork
• Understanding of labor issues in Rwanda
• Familiarity with local context in Rwanda
• Ability to provide logistics support, such arranging car rental, transportation and so on
• Currently resident in Rwanda
• Available to work in July
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV and cover letter addressing
the above requirements to IHDDJobs@gmail.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Deadline is May 31.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to