Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Medicines for Humanity
Location: US (must be available to travel internationally 30% or more)
Last Date: April 25, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Medicines for Humanity
Medicines for Humanity (MFH) is a small, dynamic organization with a compelling mission to reduce child mortality in impoverished communities around the world. Headquartered in Rockland, MA, MFH has maternal and child health projects in 18 communities in 10 countries.
Position Title: Program Director
The role of the MFH Program Director
- Assure the effectiveness of all MFH programs and activities.
- Lead, develop and direct program implementation.
- Manage program-related activities including external project.
- Continually define/refine the projects’ objectives and oversee effectiveness.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not be limited to:
1. Direct and manage MFH Program Services Department.
2. Define project scope, goals, budget and deliverables in collaboration with the Executive Director.
3. Supervise the preparation of annual plans and budgets for MFH Program Services.
4. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team in collaboration with Program Manager and Coordinators.
5. Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Program Monitoring and Evaluation
1. Set and continually manage project expectations with partners and stakeholders.
2. Oversee the annual evaluation and planning process for existing and new MFH programs.
3. Structure and review status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
1. Effectively communicate program needs and outcomes to partners and stakeholders.
2. Build relationships vital to the success of each project.
3. Collaborate with the Development Department in reporting to donors and preparing funding proposals.
Budgeting and Planning
1. Budget preparation and oversight for Program Services and individual projects.
2. Participate in MFH Strategic Plan development.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Masters degree in public health, international relations or a related field
- 3 years international/developing world experience
- 3 years direct work experience in program leadership in a NGO type organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills/interpersonal skills
- Conversational Spanish; French or Haitian Creole a plus
- Full Time
- Must be available to travel internationally 30% or more
- Salary will attempt be commensurate with experience and education; 15 paid vacation days per year; 5 paid sick days per year
How to Apply:
- Send a resume and cover letter to Timothy Bilodeau, MFH Executive Director, at
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to