Manager, Process Documentation
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Location: Bhubaneswar, Orissa
Last Date: January 5, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Job title: Manager, Process Documentation
Location: Bhubaneswar, Orissa
Duration: 1 year (starting January, 2011)
Last date : 5th January, 2011
The post holder will be responsible for development of a process documentation system and documenting the sanitation related interventions of a WASH programme, being carried out by Water-Aid India (WAI) and implementing partners in Puri District of Orissa. The process documentation will act as a guiding tool for WAI, its implementing partners for institutional learning and taking corrective action in innovative and adaptive projects.
The assignment is a part of a 3-year study aimed at evaluating the impact of household sanitation on diarrhoea and helminth infections. The study is being conducted by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, WaterAid India, Xavier Institute of Management - Bhubaneswar (XIM-B), in collaboration with local NGOs.
The post holder will report to the Coordinator, LSHTM, XIMB.
Key roles and responsibilities :
• Carry out web search and desk research of literatures related to sanitation
• Support in designing the tools/methods to identify and document critical areas/gaps of sanitation related interventions and carry out the process documentation of all the major components.
• Prepare action plans for collection, compilation and analysis of data from various sources and managing the same
• Record all the interventions related to the sanitation programme and generate reports periodically as per the requirement
• Compile and provide the necessary information to the management to increase the effectiveness of the project
• Undertake periodic filed visits to the intervention villages, interact with different stakeholders and observe project inputs/interventions that result in project outputs and document them.
• Coordinate and organise stakeholders meetings for information sharing and learnings
• Develop tools and formats for data compilation, support in data entry and analysis
• Introduce mid course correction in the data sheet as and when required
• Any other specific task assigned as per the requirements
Person specification :
• At least a Master degree in social science, behavioural science, social work, social communications or related field
• At least of 2 years of experience involving programme implementation, monitoring, documentation.
• Good understanding of different monitoring tools and techniques and experience with quantitative & qualitative research methods
• Excellent communication skills in English and Oriya
• Ability to travel in operational area and spend 70% of his/her time in the field
• Ability to work in flexible hours
• Computer proficiency - Microsoft Office, data management programmes
• Familiarity with water and sanitation interventions
• Highly organized, capable of multitasking, and able to meet deadlines
• Flexible, motivated, and able to work with community groups and in team
1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
2. All applicants to put “Name of the Position” as the subject line
3. All applications should have the covering letter and the CV as a single document, in a word format
E- mail job application to : email@example.com