Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Country Director (CD)
Food for the Hungry
Location: Port-Au-Prince, Haiti
Last Date: June 24, 2011
Country Director (CD) Port-Au-Prince, Haiti
Organization: Food for the Hungry
Motivated by Christ's love, this position plays a key role in promoting the wholistic ministry of FH through the framework of the organization's vision, "God called and we responded until physical and spiritual hungers ended worldwide." In order to accomplish this vision, FH's mission is to "walk with churches leaders and families in overcoming all forms of human poverty by living in healthy relationship with God and His creation."
The Country Director (CD) serves as FH's chief representative in Haiti. The CD provides leadership to and manages all FH programs and staff in Haiti. Within the framework of FH's Vision and Mission, the primary result of the CD's work is to progress towards a multi-faceted program of Community Transformation (CT). The job is a contract position for a four year term starting immediately. The Haiti CD will travel periodically to project sites and internationally as needed to attend meetings. This is an accompanied position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Percentages are approximate and other duties may be assigned.
Key Result #1 –Oversee and manage high quality FH Haiti programs and provide timely and accurate status and financial reporting (50%)
1. Manages, oversees, and is ultimately responsible for the financial and administrative activity of all FH programs within his/her jurisdiction and provides reports in accordance with FH procedures and standards.
2. Identifies and secures the appropriate resources (personnel, funds, and materials) needed to accomplish the Field strategy through Field, National Organizations, and other donor contacts.
3. Leads his/her Field staff in the development and implementation of overall Field and specific program strategies to achieve FH vision and mission, leads staff in the monitoring and evaluation of programs, and provides timely communication and reporting of the same.
4. Gives careful attention to all legal requirements affecting FH's position in country and promptly notifies FH Enabling Services of any problem or change affecting FH operations.
Key Result #2 – Oversee staff management and development (15%)
1. Ensures the proper recruitment, orientation, training, development, and care of all FH staff assigned to his/her Field.
2. Models leadership to all staff and intentionally develops the leadership potential of key staff in his/her field.
3. Demonstrates, motivates, monitors and evaluates an understanding of and commitment to FH's Vision and Mission.
4. Keeps abreast of environmental, economic, social, political and religious conditions in her/his Field and reports on such conditions as needed.
5. Represents FH as "chief of mission" at official functions, and as necessary, speaks on behalf of FH, always in accordance with stated FH positions.
Key Result #3 – Provide strategy design and implementation for FH Haiti (35%)
1. Leads his/her Field staff in the design and implementation of overall Field and specific program strategies to achieve the FH Vision and Mission.
2. Lead, coordinate, and assist with proposal development. This includes, but is not limited to: researching funding opportunities, communicating with donors, traveling to the field for assessments and proposal design and writing, coordinating the overall proposal development process, ensuring up-to-date capacity statements, participating in content provision, working with field leadership on new program strategy.
3. Oversee management and administration of the emergency and development programs.
4. Backstop and/or lead emergency response, support team selection, capacity-building processes and identification of funding.
5. Represent FH and the Haiti country program to external audiences and serve as a spokesperson to media. Assist the field with production of public relations materials as needed.
6. Coordinate all logistical and technical needs to the Field, including the identification, contracting, deployment and payment of consultants; and relocation of international staff.
7. Identifies, establishes and maintains relationships with Key Field Partners related directly or indirectly to overall Field and specific program strategies in order to achieve the FH Vision and Mission.
8. Identifies, establishes and maintains relationships with Regional Leadership, National Organizations, and the Global Leadership Team who become part of the overall Field and specific program strategies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ;
• Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH's Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in our Vision, Mission and Values;
• Experience in proposal development with a proven ability to secure funding from different donors;
• Experience in managing large, multi-sector donor programs and successful cultivation of relationships with private and public donors;
• Skills in human resources management, budgetary control/financial management, systems and internal control including policy development and enforcement;
• Leadership and project management skills with ability to plan, lead and follow through on complex projects and relationships;
• Flexible, dependable, organized, resilient, self-motivated, servant leader, effective within various levels of society, good team player, and compassionate with humanitarian attitude;
• Ability to negotiate with national and international governments and non-governmental organizations, community groups and organizations in a culturally acceptable as well as professional manner;
• Ability to manage and supervise people and projects with humility and confidence and with a relational style that promotes teamwork and unity;
• Knowledge and endorsement of organizational policies;
• General knowledge of other cultures;
• Ability to keep and work with highly confidential information;
• Knowledge of general budgeting procedures;
• Interpersonal communication skills;
• Computer operating skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products;
• Proficient in written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts in strategic business circumstances;
• Ability to sit at a computer for 8 hours a day doing repetitive motions on a keyboard;
• Able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis;
• Ability to travel (to project sites and internationally) up to 30% a year;
• Able to multi-task and resolve conflicts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Masters degree in Business Administration from College or University or a Masters Degree related to international relief and development. At least 5 years overseas management experience in senior positions managing complex and multi-sector programs and strong expertise and experience in managing complex, virtual, intercultural teams.
The Haiti CD supervises all field staff.
High degree of fluency in both written and spoken English and French. Creole and Spanish a plus. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journal, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Studies, understands and applies FH Foundational Principles and FH Mission and Vision;
• Develops and maintains good working relationships between fields, national organizations, global leadership team, and beneficiaries;
• Effectively and efficiently manages all resources entrusted to him/her for work purposes;
• Provides coaching and feedback on strengths and areas of improvement for staff to enable their development;
• Prepares timely and accurate project and budget reports;
• Maintains an attitude and behavior in accordance with FH values and principles;
• Complies to all finance, personnel, procurement and administrative policies of FH.
How to apply:
Apply to this job online via this link
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to