Location: Jaipur/ Kolkata
Last Date: July 8, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
POSITION: PROGRAMME OFFICER, SIGHTSAVERS INDIA
Location: Jaipur/ Kolkata
Last Date: 8th July 2011
Sightsavers works with partners in developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for people with disabilities. Sightsavers operates in 34 countries. In India, Sightsavers works in 18 states. For more information visit
Sightsavers wishes to appoint two Programme Officers for its North West Area Office based in Jaipur and North East Area Office based in Kolkata, reporting to Programme Manager.
Role & responsibilities:
• The successful candidate will be responsible for programme development through identifying and supporting project partners in service delivery, partnership and advocacy.
• S/he will be responsible for programme planning and management and development of programmes in line with the area strategic plan of demonstrating scalable, cost effective approaches to eye health, social inclusion of persons with disabilities and inclusive education of Children with Visual Impairment taking lead in these thematic areas of work.
• S/he will be responsible for monitoring, evaluation of the project and high quality documentation of projects, case studies, interesting news, stories etc relating to the projects for which s/he is responsible.
• S/he will be responsible for finance and resource management, especially with regard to supporting partners in preparation of budgets and forecasts.
• S/he will represent Sightsavers at various forums, meetings and advocate for Sightsavers philosophy and policies.
Qualification and experience:
The candidate should have post-graduate university qualification in public health/ social sciences/ rural development from a recognized institution with work experience of 4 to 5 years, preferably with international NGOs. Experience of all aspects of programme management in community development programmes and experience in the area of disability, rehabilitation and community health (especially eye health) will be an added advantage. The position calls for excellent oral and written communication skills in English & Hindi; strong interpersonal skills; coordination and negotiation skills; ability to contribute to international consultations and working groups and to be a good team player. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This role will involve extensive travelling to remote partner locations of minimum 7 to 8 days in a month.
Submission of application:
Candidates may apply latest by 8th July 2011 with their latest resume, giving details of gross present emoluments and two references to: The Regional Director, Sightsavers - India Region at
Applications must be accompanied by a note (around 300 words) describing why the candidate thinks s/he is suitable for the position. Kindly mention JAIPUR- PO or KOLKATA- PO in the subject line of the email.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a fortnight of receiving applications.
75% of all blindness around the world could be easily avoided; 90% of children who are blind don't go to school.
Sightsavers’ vision is a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. We are an international organisation working with partners in developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for disabled people.
Visit us at www.sightsavers.org