Finance and Administration Officer
Last Date: July 8, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
POSITION: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER, SIGHTSAVERS INDIA
Last Date: 8th July 2011
Sightsavers works with partners in developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for people with disabilities. Sightsavers operates in 34 countries. In India, Sightsavers works in 18 states. For more information visit
Sightsavers wishes to appoint a Finance and Administration Officer for its South India Area Office based in Mumbai.
Purpose of the job:
To manage the financial and administrative functions of the South India Area Office (SIAO) through effective implementation of financial policies, procedures and practices with in the Financial Framework of the Sightsavers Head Office in the UK and accepted local practice, as well as specific administrative duties.
• Provide technical support to the program team in the financial function of the Area office programmes
• Maintenance of accounting system database and development of the necessary reports
• Assist in strengthening of internal controls and/or set up of proper accounting and finance systems for partners. Advice the partners for strengthening finance system at partners place by carrying out FAT ( Financial Assessment Tool)
• Prepare all the necessary audit schedules and assist the internal and external auditors during audits. Coordinating the implementation of internal and external auditor’s recommendations to the internal control system including FAT reports.
• To effectively monitor the utilisation of funds disbursed by Sightsavers to the partners.
• Monitor AO and partner expenditure against approved budgets and propose appropriate corrective action to the IRO to ensure that any difficulties of, over, or under expenditure are dealt with in good time.
• To provide administrative support in managing the day to day running of the AO.
Qualification and experience:
The candidates should have relevant post graduate qualifications in the field of Accounting, Commerce or finance and possess Minimum of 5 years working experience ideally in an NGO environment. S/he is required to have computer literacy in Excel, MS Word and Accounting packages. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This role will involve extensive travelling to partner locations.
Submission of application:
Candidates may apply latest by 8th July 2011 with their latest resume, giving details of gross present emoluments and two references to: The Regional Director, Sightsavers - India Region at
Applications must be accompanied by a note (around 300 words) describing why the candidate thinks s/he is suitable for the position. Kindly mention FAO-SIAO in the subject line of the email.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a fortnight of receiving applications.
75% of all blindness around the world could be easily avoided; 90% of children who are blind don't go to school.
Sightsavers’ vision is a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. We are an international organisation working with partners in developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for disabled people.
Visit us at www.sightsavers.org