State Data Manager – Routine Immunization
Location: Uttar Pradesh
Last Date: July 2, 2011
IMaCS is a consulting firm with more than 15 years of experience in executing consulting assignments across diverse sectors in India and overseas. IMaCS has been engaged by an UN Agency to provide technical assistance towards financial and human resources management for various programmes in Uttar Pradesh
IMaCS invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of State Data Manager – Routine Immunization to provide technical support to health section, in developing and maintaining a data base for all the field activities, pertaining to routine immunization
Details of tasks
1. Develop a repository of the various databases generated by different stakeholders in the programme- e.g. medical colleges, DHNSTCs, SS exercises, NPSP etc and maintain a consolidated database for the programme
2. Identify the needs of different data users (notably the Govt. counterparts) and present relevant data in a user friendly manner including to Polio Task Force.
3. Maintain a matrix of different databases available by geographical levels (district, block, HRAs in block (CMC areas) and according to frequency of reporting also.
4. Develop a tool for compilation of the data by five medical colleges for supportive supervision exercises in 32 districts. Maintain the database, using the necessary.
5. Maintain data base of information gathered during Supportive Supervision (SS) exercises, completed in 15 districts during Sep 09-March 10 and also the subsequent SS exercises, to be conducted in 32 districts during 2011-12.
6. Develop a tool for maintaining data base pertaining to strengthening of RI activities, under the polio convergence plan in 66 high risk blocks of 18 districts (the data base includes block and district profiles, quantitative and qualitative information generated by RI officers and cold chain consultant)
7. Maintain the database generated during concurrent monitoring of RI sessions and develop formats for providing feedback to GoUP, Polio section and field coordinators.
8. Support to data managers and data entry operators of RI cells in Agra and Lalitpur districts in developing district based databases and in maintenance and effective usage of routine immunization data.
The supervisor for the consultant would be Health Officer (Routine Immunization) in UN Agency office for Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow
Qualification and Experience:
• A graduate degree in science/humanities plus a bachelor degree in computer application from a reputed institute.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing data related to health programs, preferably at State level
Skill set required:
• Previous experience of working with Health Programs; working in routine immunization programme will be an advantage
• Ability to network and share information harmoniously with multiple partners
• Strong written and oral English and Hindi communication, with good presentation skills
• Good working knowledge of computer applications, especially MS Office, EPI Info, SPSS and Corel Draw etc.
• Strong documentation and communication skills
• Willingness to undertake field travel to districts
Contract Duration and Appointment:
Initially for one year, but renewable. The professional fee is highly negotiable depending on the incumbent’s qualification and experience, starting from Rs 60000 per month and additional support costs for travel, communications, insurance and contingencies.
Interested candidate may download prescribed application form as
CV Format and email duly filled application format to
by or before 2nd July , 2011. Last date of receiving application is 2nd July. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.