Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to almost
0.5 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Senior Scientist, Climate Change Adaptation and Governance
Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
Location: Bogor, Indonesia
Last Date: July 30, 2010
Join CIFOR and make a difference
THINKING BEYOND THE CANOPY
The Center for International Forestry Research advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 centres within the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
We are growing organisation that is making a difference and we are now seeking a qualified
Senior Scientist, Climate Change Adaptation and Governance.
The Scientist will work on the adaptation of people who depend on forests to climate change and the role of local institutions and national or international policies in facilitating adaptation. The work includes research, management, fund-raising and coordination.
• PhD in an appropriate discipline in the social sciences (e.g., political science, public policy, political economy, development studies) with a focus on institutional analysis, and an excellent understanding of issues related to climate change adaptation and governance.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in collaborative research
• Strong publications record especially in peer-reviewed publications
• Track record in resource mobilisation and fund raising and in proposal development and writing
• Fluency in English is required. Fluency in other languages used in countries where CIFOR works will be appreciated (e.g., French, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish)
Terms and Conditions
• This is an international position.
• CIFOR offers a competitive remuneration in USD and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of three years with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at the CIFOR headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
• The application deadline is 30 July 2010.
• We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only short-listed candidates.
To learn more about CIFOR, the position and how to apply, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to