Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to almost
0.5 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Scientist, REDD-Carbon Monitoring
Center for International Forestry Research
Location: Bogota, Indonesia
Last Date: August 16, 2010
Join CIFOR and make a difference
THINKING BEYOND THE CANOPY
The Center for International Forestry Research advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 centres within the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
We are growing organisation that is making a difference and we are now seeking a qualified
Scientist, REDD-Carbon Monitoring.
CIFOR is currently working in 4 countries (Indonesia, Cameroun, Vietnam and Bolivia) on MRV issues and has plans to expand this work to cover 6 – 8 countries in the coming 3 years. At the moment, country teams are undertaking a survey exercise to assess data availability and institutional capacity for implementing MRV systems, including the establishment of reference emissions levels that meet international requirements.
The Scientist will undertake a comparative research project on carbon monitoring in countries participating in REDD.
• PhD in forestry, ecology, soils or another related field.
• Have good quantitative skills.
• Fluency in English is required. Fluency in other languages used in countries where CIFOR works will be appreciated.
• Experience with working in developing countries.
Terms and Conditions
• CIFOR offers a competitive remuneration in USD and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of 3 years with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at the CIFOR headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
• The application deadline is 16 August 2010.
• We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only short-listed candidates.
To learn more about CIFOR, the position and how to apply, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to