Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to almost
0.5 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Post Doctoral Fellow, GCS-REDD
Center for International Forestry Research
Location: Bogota, Indonesia
Last Date: August 16, 2010
Join CIFOR and make a difference
THINKING BEYOND THE CANOPY
The Center for International Forestry Research advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 centres within the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
We are growing organisation that is making a difference and we are now seeking a qualified
Post Doctoral Fellow, GCS-REDD.
The Post Doctoral Fellow will be responsible for measuring the effectiveness of REDD project sites in reducing emissions of carbon. The post is a joint appointment with Component 2 (REDD project sites) and Component 3 (monitoring and reference levels) in the GCS-REDD. The work will be largely based on field measurements at 20-30 REDD project sites in Bolivia, Brazil, Cameroon, Tanzania, Indonesia, and Vietnam. The approach is semi-experimental and the Fellow will work with local partners to undertake these measurements. Comparisons will be made before and after implementation of REDD and incentives, and between intervention and control sites.
The Fellow will report to the Leaders of Component 2 (REDD project sites) and Component 3 (monitoring and reference levels) in the GCS-REDD project.
• Doctorate in forestry, ecology, natural resource management or other related fields.
• Excellent researcher with strong background in GIS/remote sensing of forest cover change and analysis of the underlying causes of land cover change.
• Experience in the analysis of forest carbon flux is preferred.
• Experience with Monitoring, Reporting and Verification Systems (MRV) is preferred.
• Fluency in English is required. Fluency in other languages used in countries where CIFOR works will be appreciated.
• Experience in working with multiple partners and working in developing countries are preferred.
Terms and Conditions
• CIFOR offers a competitive remuneration in USD and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of 2.5 years with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at the CIFOR headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
• The application deadline is 16 August 2010.
• We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only short-listed candidates.
To learn more about CIFOR, the position and how to apply, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to