Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to almost
0.5 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Scientist, Impact Assessment
Center for International Forestry Research
Location: Bogota, Indonesia
Last Date: August 16, 2010
Join CIFOR and make a difference
THINKING BEYOND THE CANOPY
The Center for International Forestry Research advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 centres within the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
We are growing organisation that is making a difference and we are now seeking a qualified
Scientist, Impact Assessment.
The impact assessment scientist will be supervised by the Deputy Director General and will work closely with research directors, regional coordinators. In addition, the impact assessment scientist will have professional contact with CIFOR scientists.
• PhD in impact assessment or a relevant area (e.g. forestry, micro-economics, rural development, and natural resources management).
• Between five to eight years work experience in impact assessment, including three years in a research and development institution and three years with a multidisciplinary team,
• Experience with designing impact assessment protocols, monitoring, evaluation and up-to-date knowledge of impact assessment methodologies is required.
• Excellent analytical and synthesis skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
• Excellent written and spoken English (required)
Terms and Conditions
• We offer a competitive remuneration in US dollars commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of 3 years with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at our headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia, with travel to cooperating countries and research sites.
• The application deadline is 16 August 2010.
• We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only short-listed candidates.
To learn more about CIFOR, the position and how to apply, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to