Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Livestock Value Chain Advisor
Last Date: March 15, 2011
Land O’Lakes is receiving applications for a Livestock Value Chain Advisor on an anticipated USAID-funded Livestock Growth Program in Ethiopia. Land O’Lakes International Development is a non-profit division of the farmer-owned agricultural cooperative, with over 80 years of farm-to-market experience.
Responsibilities: the Livestock Value Chain Advisor will lead the development and implementation of the project’s livestock value chain development activities, and will work with private sector actors, service providers, and relevant government officials to achieve measurable impact in the selected livestock value chains.
• Master’s degree in livestock, agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural economics, or related field.
• Minimum five years of relevant long-term work experience in the Horn of Africa.
• Minimum ten years of experience in livestock sector value chain development, including value chain facilitation, agribusiness, marketing and financial services.
• Minimum five years of experience managing a successful for-profit agribusiness, with advanced ICT skills and working relationships with international agribusinesses.
• USAID experience preferred; Amharic language skills strongly preferred, but not required.
Please note: this position will be dependent on USAID award of the anticipated program to Land O’Lakes, and on USAID approval of any proposed candidate.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their CVs as soon as possible, and no later than March 15, 2011. To apply, please submit your CV through the website, at
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to