Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Senior Technical Advisor
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Last Date: February 15, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
HELVETAS is one of the leading Swiss organizations for international cooperation based in Zurich. We work toward improvement of life conditions of economically and socially disadvantaged people in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We also promote greater awareness of development issues among the population in Switzerland.
Our department “International Programs” is looking for a
Senior Technical Advisor based in Hanoi, Vietnam
You will work in the Public Service Provision Improvement Program in Agriculture and Rural Development in Hoa Binh and Cao Bang provinces which strengthens the commune level in planning and financial management and develops the capacity of the public service delivery system in
agriculture and rural development to become more effective and responsive to the requirements of farmers.
· Overall responsibility for the technical assistance, including management and coaching of staff
(around 25), and responsibility for the overall plan and report consolidation, policy dialogue,
and communication with the donor.
· Support the project management units in an effective and efficient manner in order to
contribute to reaching the set outcomes.
· Facilitate project implementation by providing strategic and operational support and advice to
the project partners for the implementation and further development of all project activities.
· Guide the planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the project and provide the
project steering committee, Helvetas, and the donor with the necessary controlling information
in close collaboration with the manager of the project management units.
· Support of the setting-up of an adequate monitoring system allowing an efficient steering of
Project activities at the provincial and district/commune levels.
· Master degree in social sciences, economy, or agriculture, post-graduate degree in international
development studies is an advantage
· Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Agriculture, Rural Development, Rural Advisory
Systems, Decentralized Governance, preferably in Vietnam and/or other Asian countries
· Proven qualities in facilitation and leadership in developing countries (including general and
financial administration, planning, controlling/monitoring).
· Strong organizational and team building capability. Intercultural and gender sensitivity.
· Good communication skills at various government levels.
· Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
· Excellent oral and written English. Vietnamese is a strong advantage.
· Availability for frequent travels to the provinces (Hoa Binh and Cao Bang).
We offer you
An international contract for the duration of three years, attractive working conditions, and a
satisfactory and challenging job in a multicultural team. We look forward to receiving your
complete application including motivation letter, work certificates and diplomas by 15th February
2011. Please address your electronic application to
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to