Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Deputy Chief of Party, Operations (French Speaking)
Tetra Tech DPK
Location: Democratic Republic of Congo
Last Date: December 23, 2010
Deputy Chief of Party, Operations – Democratic Republic of Congo (French Speaking)
Job Code: CG.22.46
Tetra Tech DPK seeks a Deputy Chief of Party, Operations (DCOP) for a USAID-funded rule of law project in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written French and English and have specific experience working in USAID-funded projects.
The Promoting and Strengthening Justice in the Democratic Republic of Congo Project (ProJustice Project), funded by USAID, began in September 2008 and is a three-year project with two option years. The primary focus of ProJustice is on improving effectiveness, transparency, and accessibility of the justice system by building capacity within the judiciary to manage resources, personnel, and court processes. The Project also works to strengthen civil society advocacy, oversight, and outreach to vulnerable populations. Activities are organized around four components:
1. Support the Establishment of New Judicial Institutions
2. More Effective and Transparent Management of the Judiciary and Ministry of Justice
3. More Effective, Transparent, and Accessible Court Operations in Pilot Jurisdictions
4. Increased Access to Justice for Vulnerable Populations.
General Roles and Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Chief of Party (COP), the DCOP will provide support to the COP as necessary, especially with overall program management of the project. While the COP is expected to focus more on technical implementation, the DCOP will focus primarily on the overall administrative management of the project. The DCOP will help monitor progress against the work plan in all areas of the project and review monthly and quarterly reports. Together with the COP, the DCOP will work with the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator to keep track of the project’s Performance Monitoring Plan. In addition, the DCOP will oversee the budget management of the project with the COP and Operations Manager.
The staff member will carry out the following duties:
1. Responsible for compiling and editing monthly, quarterly, and other reports that are submitted to USAID for review by the Home Office.
2. In close coordination with the COP, work closely with the M&E Coordinator to oversee the project’s monitoring and evaluation efforts and track results against the performance monitoring plan.
3. Manage the operating budget for the project by updating monthly projections and tracking spending in close coordination with the COP and Operations Manager.
4. Help monitor progress against the work plan and ensure the project is meeting contractual obligations.
5. Oversee publication of the project newsletter, website, and other project materials to be distributed to the public in coordination with the Communications Coordinator.
6. Supervise the Translator in regards to activities involving translation and reporting and ensure that project translations and interpretations are accurate.
7. Assist the COP in reporting and other communications with USAID as requested.
8. Participate in interviewing and evaluating new job applicants.
9. Participate in project management team meetings.
10. Provide support to the COP as necessary.
11. Act for the COP in his absence.
12. Proactively offer support to other team members as necessary to ensure an even share of the workload.
• Experience working in a USAID-funded project and knowledge of USAID regulations and compliance issues.
• At least five years of progressively responsible experience in Operations or Program Management.
• Significant overseas experience, especially in developing countries.
• Prior management experience and an understanding of development and political issues in Africa, ideally in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
• Demonstrated reporting, writing, communication, and relationship management skills.
• Proven ability to develop and work within approved work plans and meet goals within agreed timeframes.
• Fluency in spoken and written French and English is required.
Please submit a cover letter in English with salary requirements and resume to
referencing the job code (Job Code: CG.22.46) in the subject line.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
DPK Consulting is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. DPK Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to