Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Caucasus Regional Director
Institute for War and Peace Reporting
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Last Date: December 3, 2010
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Institute for War and Peace Reporting
Title: Caucasus Regional Director
Reports to: Director of Programmes
Based: Tbilisi, Georgia
Term: Full-Time, 35 Hours a week.
Duration: Initially 4 months Dec 2010 – Mar 31 2011, extension possible, subject to project funding.
Deadline for Applications: 5pm GMT on Friday 3rd December 2010
To be responsible for the day to day management of IWPR’s programmes in Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan, inclusive of managing local staff and international consultants; ensuring delivery against all programme activities, financial probity in field office, timely and accurate reporting (narrative & financial); representing the organisation at a local and international level, ensuring appropriate and effective communications across the IWPR network.
• To provide strategic vision and leadership for IWPR’s Programmes in the Caucasus Region; being responsible for achieving the agreed outcomes and impact of the programmes.
• To work creatively, employing high standards of professionalism, to drive forward an effective strategy for IWPR’s Programmes in the Caucasus Region;
• To be personally accountable for all aspects of the leadership, development and management of IWPR’s work in the Caucasus Region;
• To monitor, control and be accountable for the implementation of programmes, managing strategies, work plans, budgets and grant commitments, ensuring funds are managed to a high level, in a transparent, accurate and timely manner;
• To personally lead the on-going development of programme and project plans, including major new initiatives, in conjunction with Programmes, Editorial and Development staff;
• To motivate and manage the Country Directors and Programme Managers according to project targets and their own management style as representatives of IWPR in the field, and provide guidance, support and training as appropriate;
• To plan and keep under review the funding strategies for IWPR’s Programmes in the Caucasus Region and ensure that sources of funding for programme and project plans are identified and secured in a timely fashion in conjunction with the Development staff;
• To ensure the development of complete and accurate programme and project budgets in consultation with the Country Director(s), Programmes staff, the Editorial Department and the Finance Department, including project activity and expenditure timelines to be developed and agreed in advance of programme implementation;
• To ensure appropriate evaluation and assessment mechanisms are in place and M & E is undertaken within programmes according to grant commitments and IWPR strategy, including assessment against IWPR standards, grant requirements and key performance indicators;
• To develop and maintain expertise in substantive and geo/political issues for the Programme area;
• To support the Director of Programmes in the development of an organisational culture which is positive, forward looking and results orientated;
• To communicate the Institute’s vision, values and strategic objectives to staff as part of the drive to achieve a culture of clarity of purpose and high performance;
• To ensure the Country Directors, Programme Managers and field operations comply with IWPR policies including risk management and safety and security guidelines;
• To contribute to the development, maintenance and communication of systems and standards relating to project delivery and narrative reporting and provide training as necessary;
• To ensure that all project consultants are properly hired and contracted in consultation with IWPR’s HR Manager including producing, filing and keeping up-to-date all relevant contracts and other documentation;
• To represent the Institute with governmental agencies, international media and nongovernmental organisations, as required;
• To ensure IWPR complies with Health and Safety legislation in all of its work;
• To line manage staff and consultants according to IWPR policy and employment regulations, including Equal Opportunities Policies;
• To undertake other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Director of Programmes or Executive Director from time to time;
• Experience managing media development programmes/ large-scale media components within aid projects.
• Recent media management experience, at a senior level with recognised international company or public institution.
• Proven financial management skills, having recently directed multi-million dollar/ euro programs.
• Proven ability to conclude key tasks to the satisfaction of donors.
• Proven ability to establish strong and constructive working relationships with local media professionals and interest groups within countries of expertise.
• Experience of working in Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan and knowledge of relevant local legislation and working practices.
• Excellent Written and Spoken English as well as fluency in Russian and Georgian.
To apply: Please send CV and Covering Letter via email to
email@example.com , quoting reference “Caucasus Regional Director” in the subject line by 5pm GMT on Friday 3rd December, 2010.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to