Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Country Director, India
BBC World Service Trust
Location: New Delhi, India
Last Date: April 6, 2011
BBC World Service Trust-Country Director, India
Location: Non UK Location
Contract Type Fixed Term
Job Category: Business Support & Management Closing date for applications 6 April 2011
Job Title: Country Director, India
Location: New Delhi, India
Contract: Fixed term contract, 24 months
The BBC World Service Trust has been working in India since 1999 across a range of thematic areas. We have acquired a reputation as a leader in the field of communications for development in India through a diverse portfolio of projects and a track record of innovation. As well as health, we have delivered impact in, gender, humanitarian response, livelihoods and governance through a range of media platforms. Based in New Delhi, as the Country Director, India. you will provide leadership and direction to one of the BBC World Service Trust's largest country operations.
MORE ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
* We work with Indian broadcasters, NGOs, government agencies and other stakeholders
* We produce mass media for television, radio, cinema, new media platforms, outdoor media, print and outreach
* We deliver impact in, health, gender, humanitarian response, livelihoods and governance
As the Country Director, India you will lead a team of national and international staff to deliver innovative, high quality and relevant content on development issues. Using a range of media platforms, you will be responsible for delivering projects to agreed targets and objectives. You will also have responsibility for developing the country strategy, ensuring editorial output meets BBC standards and values and relationship management with partners, donors and other stakeholders.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Responsible for helping shape wider regional strategy and Trust-wide organisational development
* Manage a team of creative, production and development specialists
* Ensure that project outputs (radio/television/mobile/web etc.) are produced to the highest standards
Using your extensive understanding and commitment to international development, your experience in the use of media for development will also come into play. Having a proven track record in developing proposals and securing support from donors, you will also have strong leadership skills with significant experience of effective management of large-scale projects/events/ productions. In addition to your experience of managing diverse teams within editorial and production, a background in radio/television programme-making would be useful.
MORE ABOUT OUR REQUIREMENTS
* A proven track record in developing proposals and securing support from donors.
* Ability to present persuasively in large groups as well as in one to one settings
* A track record in sound financial management of a large scale operation for an International NGO or similar organisation
Apply to this job online at:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to