Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Regional HR Officer
Last Date: August 10, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
ICCO is the Dutch Interchurch Organisation for Development Co-operation & Kerk in Actie is part of the Protestant Church in the Netherlands. ICCO & Kerk in Actie combine their knowledge, means and policies to work towards a world in which people live in dignity and prosperity, a world where poverty and injustice are no longer present. We give financial support and advice to local organizations and networks across the globe that are committed to improving access to basic social services, bringing about fair economic development and promoting peace and democracy. More information can be found on our website:
Regional HR Officer
The job objective is to support the regional management in establishing and maintaining well-functioning teams.
• Ensure proper implementation of ICCO policy and practice as laid out in the Terms of Employment.
• Finalise HR manuals and develop the current Terms of Employment and adjust these to Eastern DRC and South-Sudan.
• Identify recruitment agencies and supervise their recruitment processes.
• Facilitate self-executed recruitment processes: set-up vacancy advertisements, liaise with HR Networks, newspapers/ recruitment websites, receive applications, assist in short-listing, organize interview rounds, liaise with authorities when needed.
• Organize induction for new staff.
• Provide support for non-national staff + families including housing, schooling for children, etc.
• Maintain individual files per staff member
• Organize bi-yearly salary surveys in the 3 countries.
• Make sure performance reviews are followed up throughout the line management. If training is agreed, follow up training/ assist staff member finding appropriate training opportunities.
• Support the three offices’ office management/ administration to remain updated on labor law in the 3 countries, HR issues and to have professional relations with respective labor offices.
Qualifications and experience
• Over 5 years HR experience in a NGO setting
• Substantial regional experience
• Relevant education for the job
• Excellent language skills in English, and good command of French, or ability to learn the language fast
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
To apply, please send CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees including copies of certificates to the address or e-mail below. All applications shall be marked: “ICCO – Position name/DevNetJobs”. E-mails must not exceed 2 MB.
Closing date is 5 PM on 10th August 2011.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala
Attn.: The Director
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to