Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to almost
0.5 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Senior Trust Fundraiser
Location: London, UK
Last Date: July 2, 2010
Afghanaid is seeking to appoint a senior trust fund-raiser to work part time in its London office. The successful candidate will have a track record in meeting challenging financial targets and the initiative to develop new funding opportunities in Europe and elsewhere.
You will need at least three years' experience in trust or statutory fundraising and excellent research, writing and relationship-building skills. You will work closely with senior staff in Afghanaid's head office in Kabul and play a key role in supplementing funding from institutional donors to meet the charity's development objectives.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications should be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on Friday, 2 July. Interviews for the post will take place on 12 and 13 July in London.
Position’s Title Senior Trust Fundraiser – 18 month fixed position
Project based (approx 14-20 hrs per week)
Line Managers Title: Director, Advocacy and Partnership Development
Head Office, Kabul, Afghanistan
Base: Afghanaid London Office
Salary Scale: £28,000- £32,000
Purpose of this position
To maximize income from trusts and foundations under the overall direction of the Managing Director and the direct line management of the Director, Advocacy and Partnership Development. The fundraising effort will focus on meeting specific needs and priorities identified as part of the annual budgeting process.
• To develop and implement a fundraising strategy targeting trusts and foundations based in the UK and to diversify and maximize Afghanaid’s restricted and unrestricted income.
• To achieve agreed income and expenditure targets for restricted and unrestricted trust and foundation income as agreed with the Director APDD and to report regularly on progress.
• To identify and develop new resource opportunities from trusts and foundations and to widen the net to other countries in Europe and elsewhere.
• To use proposals and budgets developed by Head office for institutional donors as the basis for development of grant applications for trusts and foundations.
• To maintain existing relationships and develop new ones through meetings and formal presentations as appropriate and to represent Afghanaid to relevant stakeholders.
• To develop project specific information sheets and real life case stories for use in funding applications and other relevant areas of Afghanaid’s work with support from APDD colleagues in Kabul. .
• To ensure that all reporting against grants obtained by the post holder takes place promptly in accordance with the grant terms and conditions.
• To contribute to the UK office budgeting process and to provide monthly reports to the Director APDD and the UK Fundraising manager on expenditure and income raised.
• To contribute to reports and analysis of income raised, including analysis of the appropriateness of fundraising approaches, to regular APDD reports to the MD and to the trustees.
• To maintain an appropriate filing system of grant applications and secured contracts, as well as relevant correspondence, in line with APDD internal communications policy and procedures.
• In coordination with the Director of APDD, to ensure all grant information is up to date and accurate on the Afghanaid webpage and in other relevant internal and external communications.
• To build solid working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders in Afghanistan and develop a high level of understanding of Afghanaid projects, particularly those for which funds are to be raised. .
• To develop and maintain a good understanding of issues relating to Afghanistan and Afghanaid’s work
• To be part of the UK office team coordinated by the UK Fundraising manager
• To provide cover for colleagues in their absence.
• To contribute to fundraising publications and newsletters.
• To undertake other duties as required by the line manager
1. This job description does not form part of the contract of employment and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
2. The post-holder will work at all times in a way which is consistent with the organisation’s commitment to equality of opportunity.
Education and Professional Qualifications
• Qualified to degree level (Essential)
• Membership of Institute of Fundraising (Desirable)
• A Professional Fundraising Qualification (Desirable)
• A minimum of three years’ experience of trust or statutory fundraising for an international charity (Essential)
• Demonstrable experience of strategy development and achieving challenging targets (Essential)
• Experience in setting realistic forecasts and targets (Essential)
• Experience in managing budgets (Desirable)
• Extensive knowledge of public funding sources, structures and regimes. (Essential)
• Extensive experience of networking with UK trusts and foundations (Essential)
• Understanding of UK legislation relevant to fundraising (Desirable)
• Strong administrative, organisational and planning skills. (Essential)
• Excellent time management skills (Essential)
• Good negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills (Essential)
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills (Essential)
• Strong presentational skills (Essential)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Essential)
• Computer literacy (i.e. Microsoft Office) (Essential)
• A proactive and hands on attitude (Essential)
• Ability to travel to Afghanistan (Desirable)
• Ability to work well on own initiative under distance management (Essential)
• Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change. (Essential)
• Ability to work unsociable hours if needed (evenings and weekends). (Desirable)
• Ability to identify, recruit and manage interns for specific tasks as agreed with the line manager (Essential)
• Ability to work in a team environment and as a team player; (Essential)
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to