Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Last Date: January 15, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
ICIMOD is a regional knowledge development and learning centre serving the eight regional member countries of the Hindu Kush-Himalayas – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan. We are working to develop an economically and environmentally sound mountain ecosystem to improve the living standards of mountain populations -– now, and for the future.
To support the implementation of its programmes, ICIMOD seeks to recruit a
Under the overall guidance of the Director Programme Operations, and the direct supervision of the Gender and Governance Division Head, the Gender Specialist will contribute to enhance ICIMOD’s capacities in addressing gender issues in sustainable mountain development.
Specifically, the Gender Specialist will perform the following tasks:
• Identify, research and document gender issues related to natural resources management, livelihoods, biodiversity & conservation, climate change adaptation and vulnerability, and hazard preparedness in the HKH;
• Contribute to the implementation of ICIMOD’s existing gender equity policy and gender mainstreaming strategy; support ICIMOD’s action areas in strengthening capacities, integrating gender analysis and equity issues, and developing gender approaches, methodologies, frameworks, guidelines and monitoring as a part of their projects;
• Organize and contribute to workshops, conferences and trainings on gender approaches and methodologies for ICIMOD staff and partners;
• Develop knowledge sharing products and participate in advocacy initiatives;
• Support the Gender and Governance Division Head in her role as a focal point for the gender and development network in ICIMOD and in the region, and in enhancing women’s empowerment, participation and leadership in mountain development.
Our candidate has good leadership capacities, is a good communicator, has excellent writing skills, and practices a cooperative but determined management style. S/He is familiar with mountain development issues, has in-depth knowledge and research experience in development and gender issues, and the ability to translate ideas, research and learnings into action through a coherent program of work. We expect the successful candidate to have an advanced post graduate degree in the social sciences or related fields such as gender studies, anthropology, development studies, geography, etc., and with at least five years of experience in applying gender analysis and transposing gender conceptual frameworks, analysis and methodologies in diverse disciplines/sectors and contexts. Good networking skills, publications record and demonstrated ability to take initiative are assets.
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic organisation with an attractive employment package. The duty station is Kathmandu, Nepal, with frequent travel in the region and internationally.
Applications together with a complete curriculum vitae and the names and contact addresses of three referees should be sent to HRD Officer, ICIMOD, GPO Box 3226, Kathmandu, Nepal,
email@example.com , not later than 15 January 2011. Further information including a detailed terms of reference is available at
www.icimod.org under `Vacancies’ or call (977-1) 5003222.
ICIMOD is committed to gender equity and has a strong interest in recruiting women. Only short- listed candidates will be notified.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to