Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Regional Funding Officer (RFO)
ICCO Regional Office South East Asia
Location: Bangkok, with regular visits in the region and to the regional office in Denpasar
Last Date: May 6, 2011
ICCO Regional Office South East Asia,
Regional Funding Officer (RFO)
ICCO is the Interchurch Organisation for Development Cooperation in the Netherlands. ICCO provides financial support and advice to local organisations and networks throughout the world that are dedicated to improving access to basic services, stimulating sustainable economic development and advancing peace and democracy. In the region South-east Asia ICCO works in Indonesia, the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar/Burma and Thailand, with its Regional Office in Denpasar (Indonesia).
- Regional Funding Officer (RFO)
Specification of the job
The purpose of this position is twofold :
• to contribute to high quality implementation and contract compliance of ECHO- (and other externally) funded contracts by ICCO, and
• to pro-actively diversify and expand ICCO’s funding base in the region.
This is a position for ICCO’s Regional Office (RO) in Denpasar (Indonesia), covering programs in Indonesia, the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar/Burma and Thailand. The RFO will be based in Bangkok (Thailand), with regular visits to the RO.
Responsible for developing, implementing and managing ICCO Regional Fundraising policies and strategies, related to relevant strategic and annual plans
Contribute to the capacity building and empowerment of partners in the field of Regional Fundraising
Responsible for supporting and training ICCO regional Office staff on Regional Fundraising
Monitor progress and results of externally funded activities of ICCO’s partners which are submitted, implemented and reported under final responsibility of ICCO.
Position in the organization
• Line managed by the Regional Manager of ICCO in Denpasar;
• Advisor for Program Officers and Finance Officers in the RO on Regional Fundraising issues;
• Co-operates with and supports Program Officers in the RO to ensure the integration of fundraising into program and policy work;
• Is part of ICCO’s global Institutional Donor Unit and cooperates with the IDU team at the ICCO Global Office in Utrecht (the Netherlands);
• Advisor of TBBC staff on ECHO-related funding issues.
- June 2011
Overall Job objective
Resource mobilization in the region for programs/partners is optimized by maintaining and establishing relations with external donors;
ICCO, its South East Asia regional office and their partners, are supported in accessing and maintaining external funding;
RO staff are trained and supported in order to shape and implement ICCO Fundraising strategies, rooted in ICCO’s programmatic work with partners;
TBBC and other relevant lead partners and allies are assisted in their fundraising endeavors;
Contacts with ECHO and TBBC are carefully maintained and developed.
1. Grant identification and preparation:
- Identify specific fundraising opportunities by developing good relations with current and prospective donors in the region;
- Assess trends and developments of ICCO’s programs and partners and its potential for funding opportunities;
- Identify private fundraising possibilities in the region (businesses, foundations, private donors, social enterprise / co-creation);
- Assist RO staff and local partners in submitting sound proposals to external donors by giving technical advice and provide guidance in drafting and editing proposals;
- Finalise proposals and revisions for ECHO funding, in collaboration with TBBC staff.
- Facilitate the setting-up of a monitoring system specified for donor requirements that is used by RO staff and local partners;
- Assist RO staff and local partners in submitting excellent reports to donors by giving technical advice and provide guidance in drafting and editing reports;
- Monitor progress and results of all current and future externally funded ICCO-grants, especially the ECHO funded activities of TBBC which are submitted, implemented and reported under final responsibility of ICCO, by:
o Ensuring compliance to sub contractual arrangements between ICCO and TBBC;
o providing assistance in translation of ECHO funding requirements to field realities;
o Contributing to quality control of procurement procedures as implemented by TBBC;
o Finalising excellent quality reporting over ECHO funded activities;
o Providing capacity building on programme monitoring to TBBC as and when needed;
o participation in TBBC’s tendering committee.
3. Training and capacity building
- Provide training sessions, coaching and technical advice on submitting, implementing and reporting donor funded projects;
- Provide training and coaching for RO staff and partners based on actual cases or new rules and regulations related to funding.
4. Policy development
- Tracking and keeping abreast with latest developments within the institutional donor community in the region;
- Contribute to policy development and to the development of the regional annual plan on donor funding.
- Coordination on donor funding with other relevant partners and alliances in the region (members of ICCO alliance, APRODEV, ACT International, TBBC, others...).
Qualifications needed - 5+ years of relevant working experiences as a funding officer in a regional (NGO-) context in South East Asia;
- Relevant academic qualification (or similar competencies based on previous working experience);
- Track record in identifying funding opportunities among institutional donors, monitoring of grants, and management of institutional donor relationships;
- Experience with financial and administrative management;
- Knowledge and experience with project cycle management methods (incl. LogFrame);
- A relevant established professional network in South East Asia;
- Fluency in English language (orally and in writing).
Competences needed Result driven, Innovative, Communication and coaching skills, Open, Integrity, Reliable, Independent team worker, Accurate, Affinity with the protestant character of ICCO
Terms of employment The ICCO regional staff manual is applicable regarding the terms of employment.
Other information - All applications have to be directed to
Melva.Aritonang@icco.nl and should clearly mention in the subject heading “Application for Regional Funding Officer”
- Duty station: most probably Bangkok, with regular visits in the region and to the regional office in Denpasar.
- Salary indication: maximum net salary 31.000 USD per year.
- Duration of Assignment: 12 months with possibility for extension. A reference and medical check will be part of the procedure.
- Deadline for submitting your application (a submission letter with clear motivation and a curriculum vitae, both in English and not more than 4 pages) is May 6 . Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to