State Planning Consultant
Location: UN Agency Cell, Yojana Bhawan, Lucknow
Last Date: May 28, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
IMaCS is a consulting firm with more than 15 years of experience in executing consulting assignments across diverse sectors in India and overseas. IMaCS has been engaged by an UN Agency to provide technical assistance towards financial and human resources management for various programmes in Uttar Pradesh.
IMaCS invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of State Planning Consultant to be placed with Planning Department GoUP in the UN Agency Cell in Yojana Bhawan, Lucknow to strengthen the role of Planning Department in supporting Government of Uttar Pradesh and UN Agency programming in the State of Uttar Pradesh and support the existing “UN Agency Cell” to develop into a “Planning, Review and Coordination (PRC) Cell”
Details of tasks
• In coordination with UN Agency, organise annual planning meetings with the participation of Departments Health & Family Welfare, ICDS, Panchayati Raj, Rural Development (Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam), Basic Education Department & SSA Directorate, Labour, Women & Child Development, Economic & Statistics Directorate, UP State AIDS Control Society, District Collectorate Lalitpur and any other government counterpart deemed appropriate, based on the workplan details.
• In coordination with UN Agency, organise review meetings on the progress of programme implementation, with participation of Departments Health & Family Welfare, ICDS, Panchayati Raj, Rural Development (Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam), Basic Education Department & SSA Directorate, Labour, Women & Child Development, Economic & Statistics Directorate, UP state AIDS Control Society, District Collectorate Lalitpur and other relevant government counterparts and district administration.
• Undertake joint field visits with UN Agency and state level Officials (Nodal Officers) from the concerned Departments to have first hand information on progress in implementation of programme of cooperation.
• Compile and consolidate synopsis of the UN Agency – GOUP progress reports, research findings, innovations, major learning.
• Organise thematic lecture series and seminars that promote children and women issues in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
• Organise, facilitate and partner the implementation of the earmarked activities of the SPPME Rolling Work Plan.
• In guidance of the Nodal Officer Planning Department assist in drafting proposals and plans for UN Agency assistance (technical, cash and supplies), partner implementation and manage UN Agency assistance for the relevant activities embedded in the work plan of Social Policy, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (SPPME).
• Undertake documentation of the key innovations, learning lessons and evaluations.
• Establish a system of concurrent monitoring of selected programmes and schemes, with support from UN Agency and collaboration from relevant Government department.
• Undertake capacity building activities aimed at enhancing the visibility of the children and women issues in the state of Uttar Pradesh
• Support in coordination for UN Agency Missions and senior level delegations.
• Organise and facilitate senior level learning visits of the Government line departments and official from the district administration deemed useful for effective implementation of the social development programme in the state of Uttar Pradesh, including those with assistance of UN Agency.
• Coordinate with UNJCP in support to well coordinated UN working in the state
The day to day supervision and reporting to Nodal Officer as designated by the PS Planning / Special Secretary Planning, GoUP presently being Addl. Director while the Consultant will work under the technical guidance of SPPME Specialist of UN Agency Field Office in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The State Planning Consultant will be based in Lucknow with occasional travel for specific purposes as envisaged under the terms of reference and as per approved travel plan within the State.
Qualification and Experience:
• Post Graduate degree in social sciences (Economics, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology and similar fields) rural management / development, population studies, urban & regional planning, women’s studies, public policy, public administration
• Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a Government/Semi-Govt/reputed NGO in the social development sector
• Skills to use computer software in undertaking statistical applications
• Good understanding of result based management, use of log frame for programme planning and monitoring implementation
• Interpersonal, coordination and networking skills
• Good oral and written command over Hindi and English
• Competency in drive for results, communication and setting standards.
Contract Duration and Appointment:
Initially for one year, but renewable based on satisfactory performance. The professional fee would be Rs 80000 per month depending on the qualification and experience. Interested candidate may download prescribed application form as CV Format and email duly filled application format to
by or before 28th May , 2011. Last date of receiving application is 28th May, 2011. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Those candidates, who have applied in the previous round, need not to apply.