Regional Outreach Social Worker
Children's Legal Centre
Last Date: August 2, 2010
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
The Girls’ Support Service has four components, which provides a range of psycho-social, legal, residential and educational services to girls aged between 10-18 years who had suffered from or who are at risk of sexual abuse, exploitation or trafficking. The four components are:
1. The Girls’ Support Centre in Dushanbe; providing residential care and a Help Line
2. Regional Satellite Support Services (SSS) in 10 districts in Tajikistan;
3. A Policy Development Team that is based within the Committee of Women and Family Affairs;
4. Semi-Independent Living Units based in Dushanbe
Volunteer post. Local expenses of £300 a month will be paid in country.
All other costs would be covered by the Volunteer – flights, visa, accommodation and insurance.
Airport pickup and support on registration in country will be provided by CLC. Finding accommodation will also be supported by CLC.
This position is responsible for building social work capacity with partners in 10 regions of Tajikistan. This includes reviewing the learning from previous social work training with partners and providing on the job training/ coaching to fill identified capacity gaps.
The position will work closely with the Project Manager for GSS and ten regional partners.
Visit ten regional partners each for a three day mission. During this time:
• Review learning from past social work training use this review to monitor the impact of this training in their social work practice.
• Provide immediate solutions to fill existing gaps, through on the job training and coaching for social workers.
• Attention should be paid to communication skills, risk assessment, child development in the context of sexual abuse, exploitation and trafficking as these areas are known to be existing capacity gaps.
• Meet with the Director of the partner organisation to review management and support of the social workers
• Identify the strengths of partners and where they may be able to provide ongoing peer support to other partners.
• Write mission reports for each of the ten partner organisations which informs further support needs and monitoring of partners
Write a report showing overall capacity of the partners to meet donor objectives.
Ensure that all work is carried out according to the GSS Child Protection and Confidentiality Policy and according to the UNCRC and support the partners to implement this.
Undertake other activities as required that are commensurate with the role
Education: DipSW, Masters in Social Work or equivalent
3 years in a position of social worker in children’s services
Working with young people with challenging behaviours,
Working with young women who have experienced sexual abuse, exploitation and trafficking OR child protection
Working with multiple partners
Capacity development in social work practice and methodology
Experience of working overseas- preferable
Knowledge and adherence to the principles of the Convention on the Rights of the Child
Knowledge of social work theory and practice in working with child protection
Tajik, Russian- preferable but not necessary
Skilled in assessing risk and child protection, with a focus on sexual abuse, exploitation and trafficking
Ability to work with groups with little experience of social work and develop their skills
Ability to transfer learning to others
Ability to monitor and evaluate the impact of social work on partners
Excellent communication skills and an ability to negotiate a complex range of issues with a number of NGO partners
Ability to work in an often unsupported position and in stressful situations
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to