Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Finance & Administration Delegate
Swiss Red Cross (SRC)
Location: Islamabad with frequent trips to Hyderabad
Last Date: April 2, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is involved in the planning and implementation of relief, reconstruction and rehabilitation programmes in several disaster affected areas abroad. For our programme in Pakistan we are looking for an experienced
Finance & Administration Delegate
Based in: Islamabad with frequent trips to Hyderabad
Starting date: March 2011 or by arrangement
Duration of contract: 12 months with the option of extension
Role and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that project funds are well administered within the respective budgets
• Monitor the budget of the delegation and sub-delegation and ensure accurate accounting, authorization and internal control procedures and investigate/address significant variances
• Realize the financial flow from SRC accounts to the field projects
• Coordinate the compilation of the delegation's budget and financial plan, under the direction of the Country Representative and assist in yearly audit procedures
• Compile accurate, regular and timely financial reports
• Advise and support the Country Representative and other staff on financial matters, in particular the financial flow related to the cash-based reconstruction projects
• Advise the Country Representative and other staff on financial matters
• Supervise/control the work of locally employed accountant and assistant
• Maintain accurate registers of assets and property
Human Resources (HR):
• Personnel administration of approx. six expatriates comprising management of premises, visa and travel arrangements (welcome service)
• Personnel administration of approx. 20 national employees, most of them being based on project sites
• Provide support in recruiting national employees, as well as advise, train and support financial, administrative staff of the delegation.
• Degree in Financial Business Management/Accounting or equivalent through field experience
• Minimum of three years international working experience, within the Red Cross/Red Crescent movement would be an asset
• Experience in the financial management of cash-based reconstruction/rehabilitation projects is an asset
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, as well as team spirit
• Very good communication, networking and reporting skills
• Initiative, flexibility, cultural sensitivity, social competence and ability to manage stress
• Fluent in English (working language), German would be an asset.
Adequate salary, social insurances, travel and accommodation expenses provided.
Due to the urgent nature of this recruitment, candidate reviews will commence immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement and will continue until a suitable candidate has been identified. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume.
Please apply to: Swiss Red Cross, Isabel Bangerter, Rainmattstrasse 10, 3001 Bern, Switzerland, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to