Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
BRICSAM and G20 Strategy Manager
Location: India although other OI office locations may be considered
Last Date: February 10, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
BRICSAM and G20 Strategy Manager
Location: Preferred location India although other OI office locations may be considered
Salary: Terms and conditions based on location
Contract: one year fixed-term, contract extension likely but subject to funding
To ensure that Oxfam works together across affiliates and our offices in Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa and Mexico (BRICSAM) countries to deliver the forthcoming strategy, there is a compelling need for a post that will provide long-term leadership and continuity on BRICSAM and G20 issues across the confederation.
The purpose of this post would be to lead implementation across the confederation of the BRICSAM (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa and Mexico)/ G20 strategy, enabling Oxfam to exert the global influence in a multi-polar world that is so vital to our mission and goals. A key part of this will be to build synergy between the BRICSAM countries and their Oxfam affiliates/programmes.
1. Build synergy and global impact across Oxfamís campaigns and advocacy work in the BRICSAM countries, working closely with country teams and the three global campaigns to maximize Oxfam's and partners impact in global and regional fora;
2. Work closely with Oxfam staff to develop and maintain global relationships with civil society partners as well as supportive think tanks and non-traditional targets including the private sector, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), and to serve as a connector to link these groups with relevant counterparts in other BRICSAM countries;
3. Identify opportunities and make suggestions for impact, exchange and learning via Joint Country Analysis and Strategy (JCASs), affiliate strategies and programmes, and find and communicate synergies with Oxfam programmes.
4. Co-ordinate and lead Oxfam Internationalís external engagement on long-term G20 policy and strategy, and on cross-regional/global BRICSAM work, building alliances and relationships with global and regional BRICSAM/G20 actors.
5. Lead implementation of the agreed long-term strategy for Oxfam's work on the G20, including contributing to Oxfam's activities before, during and after summits, and ensuring monitoring and evaluation of Oxfam's G20 work.
6. Matrix-manage the rotating G8/G20 lead position hosted by the affiliate in the country that chairs each G20 meeting.
7. Resource mobilisation: Support fundraising colleagues to mobilise resources from local donors, foundations (international and emerging local foundations) and other sources to support Oxfam's G20/BRICSAM work.
Key Working Relationships
The post holder will report to the Oxfam International Deputy Advocacy and Campaigns Director, and also work closely with an appropriate senior staff member in the host Oxfam (to be confirmed). The post holder will also work closely with Oxfam staff in BRICSAM capitals, the three global campaign leads, interested affiliates and staff in other OI offices.
1. Good knowledge of international politics and political processes, and in particular the role of the BRICSAM countries and the G20;
2. Good knowledge of Oxfam Internationalís campaign processes and affiliates
3. Strong advocacy and campaigns experience, with particular reference to one and if possible several BRICSAM countries;
4. Skilled in developing and securing internal buy-in to plans of action, with a track record in securing agreement in Oxfam or other organisations;
5. Good people and process management skills;
6. Strong relationship building skills
7. Proven project design/management abilities;
8. Sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues are essential.
9. Fluent English is essential. Knowledge of any of the following languages would be useful: French, Spanish.
To apply please send your CV (MS Word format) and covering email to
Job Description available on www.oxfam.org/en/jobs
Closing date: 10th February 2010 17:00 GMT
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to