Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Business Development Associate
Location: Washington D.C., USA
Last Date: January 5, 2011
Business Development Associate
PATH is an international, nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health. PATH's mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors.
The Business Development (BD) Support Team at PATH aims to provide valuable support to the organization’s business life cycle as PATH seeks new funds (US Government and private funds) for program-directed activities. The team supports country and global programs as they champion the acquisition of new business funds in an increasingly competitive market. The team engages and collaborates with other shared services divisions including human resources, finance, grants and contracts services, communications, information management services, and other relevant teams. The team is comprised of BD Agents who provide broad-based support to programs across the full spectrum of donors, including the US Government, other governments, and private foundations. A Director of Business Development and Institutional Relations oversees the entire team.
The BD Associate will support the BD team as they lead efforts to seek new funds for program directed activities by providing support for the preparation for, and development of new proposals and assists with BD calendars and other tasks as assigned. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate interested in a career in the field of Business Development and learning about new project development at an international nonprofit organization. This is an entry level, career-tracked position, ideal for candidates who wish to be mentored in becoming a PATH Business Development Agent. Expectations will be shared so that the candidate’s capabilities in skills development must be matched with the organization’s evaluation of the candidate’s impact and results.
The position responsibilities include:
* Support the BD Agents and as necessary provide direct contact with external parties, partners and subcontractors. This position will entail extensive external communications which must be conducted with professionalism and integrity.
* Support the BD Agents and as necessary provide direct contact with internal parties, including all levels of leadership in the organization.
* Support Business Development Agents as they perform several duties including but not limited to providing short- and long-term assistance in business intelligence/capture planning, developing longer-range business plans with assigned program and the identification, recruitment, and engagement of partners on potential bid opportunities.
* Support the BD agents as they enable the development of strategic alliances/partnerships benefitting the assigned program.
* Support the BD agents when they serve as Proposal Managers. This may include, but not limited to, gathering, revising and formatting CVs, drafting cover letters, conducting background research and gathering documents from internal and external parties.
* Serve as the BDS’ primary proofreader, maintaining PATH certification in this skill.
* Coordinate document review process for proposals and other proposal related documents.
* Assist the BD Agents as they work with the all shared services divisions within PATH to secure and route documents for the necessary input, review and approval.
* Organize, assemble, reproduce, bind, and distribute reports, proposals, correspondence, and other materials.
* Support the development and creation of a source library of past performance reference and other proposal and resource documents.
* Help to manage the BD calendar, continuously updating the status of anticipated, active and pending proposals. Ensure internal distribution on a weekly basis.
* Lead new hire orientations introducing new staff to the core functions and responsibilities of BD team.
* Serve the team as a primary go-to person for information, contacts and referrals.
This is an emerging professional, who brings to the organization limited use and/or application of basic principles, theories, and concepts of the profession, but possess the maturity to recognize limitations and ask for help.
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and time management.
* Proven success working well under deadlines.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Proven record of being a ‘quick-study’.
* Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
* Experience with desktop publishing, document production, presentation materials, and design work.
* Ability to adapt to changing work priorities.
* Ability to work both independently (with minimal supervision) and as part of a team.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Commitment to global health issues highly preferred.
Bachelor's degree, plus a minimum of two years of related experience;
Washington, DC, US.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Please visit our employment website,
http://www.path.org/employment , click on the career site link, search for 4373, and apply online. PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to