Last Date: October 28, 2010
POSITION: HEAD OF FUNDING & MARKETING, SIGHTSAVERS INDIA
This new position offers an experienced professional a rare opportunity to mobilize resources for Sightsavers, one of the worlds largest, most reputed international not for profit organizations in the disability sector.
Sightsavers works with partners in 34 developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for disabled people. In India Sightsavers works with around 106 partner organisations in 17 states through its regional and area offices. For more information visit
Sightsavers is looking for a professional to set up and head its new funding and marketing department in India Region operations. This is a leadership position in the organisation reporting to the Regional Director – India Region.
The Head of Funding & Marketing will work with the Regional Leadership Team and Sightsavers’ Global Funding and Marketing Team to create a plan for raising unrestricted and restricted funds. S/he will establish and build relationships with corporations, foundations and high net worth individuals amongst the local and NRI communities, to ensure healthy revenue streams to support Sightsavers’ work in India. These relationships will be further strengthened through work with like minded coalitions, networks, and alliances.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Develop a sound fund raising strategy and objectives for the next 5 years for Sightsavers India.
• Identify and facilitate the implementation of specific fundraising activities/approaches suitable to various donor segments within the country and in the Diaspora in other countries.
• Raise funds from individuals, targeted corporations, philanthropists, entrepreneurs by building relationships and establishing a common platform in line with Sightsavers’ vision and mission and global presence.
• Analyze and develop fund raising targets based on Sightsavers’ programme strategy and requirements.
• Develop a marketing plan for Sightsavers India in line with current resource allocation and capacity
• Use available information to estimate Sightsavers’ brand recognition in India and identify the most suitable market segments
• Raise unrestricted funds from public marketing endeavors in line with the marketing plan.
Qualifications and experience:
The candidate should have relevant post graduate qualifications in marketing/ sales from a reputed institution and possess around 10 years experience in marketing and raising resources. Development/NGO sector experience will be an added advantage. S/he is required to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, a working knowledge of Hindi and preferably other regional languages. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Submission of application:
Candidates may apply within 10 days (by October 28, 2010) with their latest resume, giving details of gross present emoluments and two references to: The Regional Director, Sightsavers - India Region at
Applications must be accompanied by a note (around 300 words) describing why the candidate thinks s/he is suitable for the position. Kindly mention FM in the subject line of the email.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a fortnight of receiving applications.
75% of all blindness around the world could be easily avoided; 90% of children who are blind don't go to school.
Sightsavers’ vision is a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. We are an international organisation working with partners in developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for disabled people.
Visit us at www.sightsavers.org