Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Economic Justice Policy Advisor
Location: Roma, Italy
Last Date: March 30, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Job Title: Economic Justice Policy Advisor
Location: Roma, Italy, with occasional international travel
Reports to: Economic Justice Campaign Advocacy Strategy Lead - Oxfam
Oxfam Italy Advocacy and Campaign Director
Manages: None (may supervise volunteers/interns)
Duration: 1 year (possible to extend)
Salary range: 28.000 – 32.000 € (gross amount)
Beginning of contract: 1st May 2011
According to the Oxfam Economic Justice (EJ) overall campaign strategy, to gather intelligence, provide analysis, develop policy positions and implement advocacy strategies to influence the agenda of the Committee on World Food Security (CFS), the High Level Task Force on the Global Food Crisis (HLTF), the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and other international food agencies (World Food Program, IFAD), regarding “food justice in a resource constrained world” (link across the issues of food, agriculture, climate change, land and water issues); and to liaise with other civil society organizations as appropriate.
Policy and Advocacy
· Develop and implement power analysis-based advocacy strategies designed to influence the “food justice in a resource constrained world policies and practices of the CFS, HLTF, and other Rome-based agencies (WFP, FAO, etc.) to ensure they are pro-poor and consultative.
· Develop Oxfam International policy on the international food institutions in support of the above strategy.
· Develop and maintain key relationships with management and staff of the international food institutions named above, with some key member states delegations officials and with relevant civil society groups to promote Oxfam’s advocacy agenda around food and agriculture, climate, land and water issues
· Influence the work of the CFS, particularly through the follow-up on the Advisory Group, especially promoting policy convergence and practical accountability mechanisms.
· Write briefing papers, media briefs, strategies, articles for publications, speeches, lobbying letters, and plans and contribute to the organisation of advocacy events as appropriate.
· Represent Oxfam at meetings and conferences, give media interviews and speak publicly.
Networking and Alliances
· Develop and maintain relationships with NGO colleagues (North and South).
· Support the functioning and establishment of the Civil Society Global Food Security Coordination Mechanism (CSM), building advocacy and campaigning alliances, and ensuring the involvement of Southern CSO partners in global processes.
· Facilitate collaboration around CFS and FAO processes between Oxfam and other civil society organisations North and South, particularly supporting women’s groups and organisations;
· Participate in Oxfam’s Economic Justice campaign teams and internal
coordination meetings, providing research and policy analysis when appropriate and requested.
· To inform Oxfam affiliates and advocacy offices staff about CFS, HLTF, FAO and other Rome agencies’ policies and positions and to ensure coordinated advocacy strategy around these processes and institutions.
· Ensure mutual information between Oxfam global Economic Justice advocacy work and Oxfam regional and country program experiences.
· Participate and coordinate, where appropriate, Oxfam and partner organisations multidisciplinary teams around relevant issues.
Key Working Relationships
OI Economic Justice Campaign Advocacy Strategy Lead
OI Economic Justice Campaign Policy Lead
OI Economic Justice Media Lead
OI Economic Justice Public Campaign Lead
Oxfam Italy Advocacy and Campaigns Director
Oxfam Italy Economic Justice Policy Advisor
The post will be linked with Right in Crisis and Essential Services campaign following the cross-issues agreed across the Cross Campaign Management Team.
· Education to Masters Degree level or equivalent professional experience (would be preferable in a relevant subject)
· Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Working knowledge of another language is desirable.
· Proven track record in research, policy and advocacy agenda around food justice agenda mentioned above .
· Knowledge of the international food agencies and institutions ways-of-working, particularly the CFS and FAO.
· Experience of working with NGOs, CSOs, alliances and coalitions, in order to contribute to their capacity building.
· Demonstrable understanding of gender and diversity issues.
· Experience regarding issues in the South will be a key advantage
· Strong conceptual and analytical skills
· Ability to think strategically and creatively
· Excellent oral and written communication skills for lobbying and media work
· Strong inter-personal skills
· Sound understanding of political sensitivities
· Ability to prioritise, plan, organise work in a complex institutional setting
· Ability to work well and flexibly in hard-working teams
· Ability to take initiative and work under pressure with limited supervision.
· Commitment to Oxfam values and philosophy
Please send your CV with a letter of presentation to
email@example.com with the subject “Economic Justice Policy Adviser – Vacancy” by 30th March 2011. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to participate to a face to face interview in Rome, the 6th and 7th April 2011.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to