NGO/CBO Coordinator (Health of the Urban Poor Program)
Bhoruka Charitable Trust
Last Date: August 29, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Title: NGO/CBO Coordinator (HUP)
Organization: Bhoruka Charitable Trust.
Reports to: City Coordinator (HUP)
Based at: Jaipur - City Office
Duration: One year with a scope of further annual renewal till September
date for submission: August 29, 2011
The Bhoruka Charitable Trust (BCT) is non-government
organization implementing programs on Maternal Care and Child
Development, Primary Health Care, Family Welfare, Reproductive and Child
Healt, Prevention of HIV/AIDS, Eye Health, Water and Sanitation,
Microfinance and Livelihood Promotions, Formal and Non-Formal Education,
management of natural Resources, Infrastructure Development, Support to
Community based Organization(CBOs). BCT's Mission is dedicated to
socio-economic transformation of rural and remote areas of India,
especially the weaker and socially underprivileged groups, through
physical, social, cultural and economic development of rural people,
groups and institutions.
The Bhoruka Charitable Trust (BCT) and its Consortium
members The Population Foundation of India (PFI) is awarded by the USAID
to implement a four year program on “Health of the Urban Poor” ending on
September’2013. The goal of the program is to improve the health status
of the urban poor in the urban locations by adopting effective and
efficient sustainable strategic intervention approaches adopting the
principle of convergence of the various development programs.
The Bhoruka Charitable Trust, Jaipur
wishes to recruit the position for the above-mentioned Positions.
Summary: NGO/CBO Coordinator
will report to the City Coordinator (HUP). S/he is responsible for
coordination and networking at Field level City. In addition to
coordination, the NGO/CBO Coordinator has a significant role in
developing model for Project Activity of urban Development and to provide
overall guidance to field level programme implementation.
as contact for Field level implementation within urban areas
• Mapping of the Civil society Organizations, which are working in the
Health, Water–Sanitation and nutrition sectors in the City
• Understand the need of Community and the scope of their projects
• Develop business plan model for activities under the HUP Program
• Monitor and Evaluate the performance of Cluster Coordinator on regular
• Create long-term growth plans for health improvement and slum
development and improving sector-specific outcome indicators
• Understand and report the status of the region in terms of important
medical, public health, health care spending and hygiene indicators
• Organize sensitization programs for development partners at city level
for improve health of the urban poor
• Any other work assigned in the interest of the program
Qualification and Experience:
• Post-graduate degree/Master’s degree from a reputed university required
• Have 5-7 years experience in development sector, especially in
• Experience in organization assessment and ongoing monitoring and
• Strong leadership, organizational, communication and team-building
• Strong networking skills.
• Comfortable working in poor urban areas
• Demonstrated strong report writing and editing skills.
• Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of MS Access
• Fluency in English & Hindi required; fluency in local language is
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and team work skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Effective analytical and presentation skills.
Position availability: Immediately.
Compensation package offer will commensurate with qualification and
• Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter describing
their technical skills and interests and detailing their salary history
and expectations to Email:
• Please enter the post applied for in the subject line.
• Please provide two or three references for the BCT to consult/refer.
•BCT is an equal opportunity and diversity sensitive employer. Women
candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be intimated through email. No phone
calls will be entertained