Regional Human Resources Development and Support Services Manager
Location: Mumbai, India
Last Date: July 24, 2010
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
POSITION: REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT & SUPPORT SERVICES MANAGER - SIGHTSAVERS INDIA
Sightsavers is a leading international development agency working with partners in 34 developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for disabled people. In India Sightsavers works with around 106 partner organisations in 17 states through its regional and area offices. For more information visit www.sightsavers.org
Sightsavers is looking for a Regional Human Resources Development & Support Services Manager for its India Region operations. This is a leadership position in the organisation reporting to the Regional Director – India Region.
Purpose of the job:
1. Design and delivery of learning and development programmes with the aim of enabling employees to perform effectively and reach their potential.
2. Develop a people plan within the region and area offices, incorporating succession planning as appropriate.
3. Ensure appropriate HR processes are in place so that Sightsavers’ employment practices are competitive and fit with best practice, and comply with relevant legislation.
4. Recruitment to attract highly competent and committed individuals to work in the region.
5. Effective implementation of global HR policies, products and processes within the region.
6. Support Services
• ICT co-ordination within the region
• Support asset management including facilities, property insurance & procurement –standard value for money initiatives for countries within the region and for the regional office
• Support risk management for offices within the region and for the regional office
Qualifications and experience:
The candidate should have relevant post graduate qualifications in human resource development from a reputed institution and possess around 10 years experience in human resource development. Development/NGO sector experience will be an added advantage. S/he is required to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, a working knowledge of Hindi and preferably other regional languages. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The person is expected to liaise and work closely with the India regional senior leadership team, the 4 India offices with 40 staff, and its headquarters in the U.K. S/he would be required to travel periodically within India and occasionally overseas. The remuneration will match the best in the development sector in India.
Submission of application:
Candidates may apply within 10 days (by July 24, 2010) with their latest resume, giving details of gross present emoluments and two references to: The Regional Director, Sightsavers - India Region at
Applications must be accompanied by a note (around 300 words) describing why the candidate thinks s/he is suitable for the position. Kindly mention HRSS in the subject line of the email.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a fortnight of receiving applications.
75% of all blindness around the world could be easily avoided; 90% of children who are blind don't go to school.
Sightsavers’ vision is a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. We are an international organisation working with partners in developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for disabled people.
Visit us at www.sightsavers.org