Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Business Development Officer
Childfund International / Regional Office for the Americas
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Last Date: April 30, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
International Organization (NGO), focused on the integral development of children in the most under-developed countries of the world, with its Regional Office for the Americas operating in the City of Knowledge in Panamá, is in search of the following position:
Business Development Officer
The Business Development Officer (BDO) will support proposal development and grants acquisition strategy by building profile, positioning focus National Offices and strengthening proposal development and grants acquisition capacity in assigned country offices, focusing on acquisition of high value grants. The BDO will report to the National Director in Honduras. This position will be based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Abilities and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in International Development or a field related to the organization’s core program, or equivalent relevant work experience.
• 5-7 years experience writing grant proposals.
• Thorough understanding and proven track record of obtaining large US government and other major donor awards.
• Prior experience working in the development sector.
• Strong analytical and forecasting skills.
• Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated experience in training, coaching and/or mentoring project staff in the basics of proposal development.
• Demonstrated diplomacy in building relationships, working collaboratively within a growing organization, and within broader external coalitions.
• Proficiency in relevant computer applications (spreadsheets, database, accounting operations software, project management software, presentation software).
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and work autonomously under pressure of deadline required.
• Fluency in English and Spanish required.
• Required travel of 30 – 40% in developing countries and outside assigned region; often on short notice.
• We offer a competitive salary within the NGOs and an excellent opportunity for professional growth in a leader organization at world level. All candidates will be considered in the base of merit, without distinctions of race, country of origin, religious beliefs, gender, age, or civil status.
• Interested potential candidates please send your Curriculum Vitae to:
• Closing date: April 30, 2011
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to