Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Key Coordination and Administration Manager
Cardno Emerging Markets
Location: AAPF office, Pretoria
Last Date: July 24, 2011
Cardno Emerging Markets is part of a global consulting organisation which manages projects for major donors, delivering aid working in core disciplines such as disaster management, post conflict recovery, education, health, HIV and AIDS, governance, resource and environment management and infrastructure. Our work expands across Europe, Latin and North America, Asia, the Pacific and Africa. With more than 3000 staff internationally, our vision is to be a world leader in the provision of professional services for the improvement of physical and social infrastructure.
The Australian Government, through AusAID, is committed to broadening and deepening its engagement with African countries and institutions, including through increased development assistance. As part of the expansion, the Australian Government announced a new Australia-Africa Partnerships Facility (AAPF), the goal of which is to develop partnerships between Australia and African countries and institutions that contribute to achieving African development objectives. In January 2011, Cardno was appointed Managing Contractor of the AAPF.
To assist us in achieving these objectives, Cardno is seeking Expressions of Interest for a Key Coordination and Administration Manager. The position is full-time, based in the AAPF office in Pretoria for the duration of the AAPF (until June 2013).
The terms of reference for this position can be found at
The successful candidate must have the following key skills and experience:
• Graduate or Post Graduate Degree, ideally in International Relations, Development Studies or disciplines related to the AAPF;
• Extensive work experience in the management, coordination and delivery of technical assistance programs or projects;
• Experience in the management, administration and delivery of donor agency funded development projects. Familiarity with Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) funded projects preferred;
• Capacity to negotiate, draft, supervise and coordinate technical and financial aspects of a project contract;
• Excellent understanding of the development project cycle, including extensive experience monitoring and evaluating development projects;
• Experience organising and overseeing administrative and logistical support, preferably in an international development context;
• Excellent written and spoken English and demonstrated report writing skills. Ability to converse in French, Portuguese or Arabic an advantage;
• Proven high level communication, negotiation and teamwork skills;
• Ability to manage and mentor staff;
• A high level of computing skills including the ability to use applications in word processing (MS Word), financial spreadsheet (MS Excel) and project management (MS Project); and
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines yet at high quality.
This position will be remunerated in line with AusAID’s Adviser Remuneration Framework (2011), within Discipline Group C, Job Level 1.
To apply for this position, please send an e-mail with a covering letter (no longer than 2 pages) which briefly demonstrates your experience against the above key selection criteria, along with your current CV including at least two referees, to
firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting your name and job title “Key Coordination and Administration Manager” in the subject line.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Closing date for applications is midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time on Sunday 24 July 2011. The appointment of this position is subject to approval by AusAID of the position location and candidate.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to