Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Business Development Officer
Location: Washington, DC
Last Date: August 11, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Position Summary: The Business Development Officer - Donor is a member of a team within the Opportunity Development Department whose primary focus is to support the cultivation of long standing, positive relationships with Pact’s priority donors. This is an important externally facing role in the organization – gaining visibility for Pact with donors and key partners associated with those donors. S/he will bridge relationships between donors and Pact’s internal senior management and country staff. S/he will facilitate development of these relationships beyond individual personal relationships to long standing institution-wide relationships. S/he will also work with others within the department and the organization to develop policies, practices, tools and templates to meet donor impact and compliance requirements.
• Perform or carry out the day to day role in overseeing significant efforts or events.
• Share with other officers in a common voice communicating with assigned customers as a cohort of skilled professionals
• Provide day to day oversight of activities on assigned effort.
• Manage effort specific or event specific teams.
• Receive assignments of donors and customers and ensures such assignments meet expectations. .
• Ensures processes and best practices are developed, documented and replicated.
• Carry forward processes and practices that ensure the department’s work is seen as high performing and production oriented.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• May serve as Account Manager for identified priority donors to scale up Pact’s engagement with them and contribute to diversification goals
• Identify key contacts for Pact with priority donors and relevant partner organizations to position Pact to be sought after as a preferred partner
• Cultivate network of peer relationships in relevant donor/partner organizations to position the institution for key opportunities, and share these relationships with others in the organization
• Support capture strategies for non-USG donors
• Serve as reviewer for non-USG proposals to ensure proposals meet donor specifications
• Support Manager to develop strategies for priority donors
• Support Manager to develop and deliver suite of basic services for non-USG donors
• Build functionality of CRM to serve as tool for managing institutional relationships
• Serve as point of contact for assigned countries
• Serve as capture manager and/or proposal manager on opportunities as assigned
• Work with program officers, country representatives and other staff to conceptualize and design proposals
• Serve as proposal manager for assigned opportunities
• Ensuring that proposals meet funder specifications and deadlines as well as Pact’s quality standards
• Help replicate best practices/lessons learned for USG and non-USG donors
• Mentor colleagues on how to work with non-USG donors
• Develop understanding of procurement cycles of priority non-USG donors as well as other non-priority donors
• Maintain accurate information in database and assist with conducting analysis of proposal development
• Maintain IT systems including CRM and SharePoint
• Master’s degree and four (4) years of experience or Bachelor’s degree with six (6) years of experience is required
• 1-2 years’ experience in international development in an overseas setting
• Fluent in English and French or another language
• Effective problem solving and the ability to communicate with tact and finesse in a variety of settings
• Knowledge and understanding of USAID, Global Fund, DfID, UNDP or other private and public donor policies, procedures and regulations
• Excellent writing and analytical skills
• Ability to travel at least 25% of the time
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with staff in overseas offices, in donor organizations and in peer organizations
• Experience in partner or similar negotiations
• Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and database skills, as well as experience supporting SharePoint, CRM and other IT platforms
• Ability to work collaboratively and collegially in teams
• Demonstrated ability to document and share knowledge with others so that others adopt proven methods
Disclaimer: This job description summarizes the responsibilities assigned to the position; however it does not contain an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Periodically, employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment at Pact is a voluntary ”at will” relationship.
Apply online via http://www.pactworld.org or send applications to:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to