Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Finance and Administrative Officer
The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa
Location: Accra, Ghana
Last Date: October 22, 2010
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa
On behalf of: African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is the umbrella organisation for Agricultural Advisory Services (AAS) in Africa. Its objective is to create efficient, effective and synergistic linkages and partnerships between agricultural advisory services of member countries to improve the delivery of these services to farmers. It operates within the framework of CAADP Pillar IV which has the objective of enhancing the livelihoods of African farmers and pastoralists. The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) has been mandated to lead the implementation of CAADP Pillar 4. Hence FARA is supporting the institutional development of AFAAS and would like to recruit a highly qualified and competent Finance and Administrative Officer to support the Executive Director (ED) of AFAAS.
FARA is seeking on behalf of AFAAS applications from qualified candidates for the position of Finance and Administrative officer.
The Finance and Administrative Officer shall be accountable to the Executive Director in the area of ensuring that finance and administration management systems that meet international standards are established and adhered to in the AFAAS Secretariat and Programmes. S/He shall be expected to support all Secretariat units and the AFAAS Programmes in planning and managing financial and operational resources.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Providing leadership in the development of the AFAAS finance systems, manuals and guidelines;
• Ensuring compliance with the financial management requirements of FARA ‐ the organization through which AFAAS funds are channeled;
• Keeping relevant books and records for all financial transactions;
• Ensuring that banking arrangements are adequate to support the AFAAS activities and that all bank transactions conform with the agreed procedures and are appropriately documented;
• Preparing monthly Bank Reconciliation statements for all bank accounts;
• Leading the process of developing budgets for funding proposals to potential donors;
• Adapting the budget in the 2011‐14 Operational Plan to the resources that may be obtained from donors;
• Tracking and monitoring Secretariat operational expenditures to ensure that they conform to laid down provisions;
• Organize Secretariat and Programme audits;
• Provide support in managing the grants that AFAAS may receive in the period of the contract according to the procedures agreed upon with the sponsors;
• Providing guidance to Secretariat staff who are involved in finance related activities to enable them to comply with agreed administration and finance procedures;
• Performing any other duties relevant to finance and administration as may be assigned to her/him from time to time by the Executive Director.
• Providing leadership in the development of the AFAAS administration systems;
• Oversee personnel matters and maintain personnel files;
• Ensure that agreed administrative procedures and guidelines are adhered to;
• Through the Executive Director, managing the interface between AFAAS and its stakeholders on administrative matters;
• Setting up management meetings and following up of administrative issues raised at management meetings;
• Managing the utilization of secretariat resources, ie. Assets;
• Managing the administrative aspects of human resource management, procurement and financial management;
• Ensuring that Secretariat security systems are adequate and operational at all times;
• Supervision and oversight of the Procurement Assistant;
• Performing any other administrative duties as may be assigned to her/him from time to time by the Executive Director.
a. University degree or equivalent qualification in business administration, finance, accountancy, or related field complemented by relevant post‐graduate professional qualifications;
b. At least seven years of post‐qualification relevant professional experience in administration and finance. At least two years of this experience should be with an international organization/ NGO or a multi‐country development programme/ project;
c. Basic procurement knowledge;
d. Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills;
e. Ability to interpret rules and administrative guidelines;
f. Sharp attention to detail;
g. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
h. Ability to work and interact with people from diverse, professional, social and cultural backgrounds;
i. Firmness and objectivity in decision making associated with an ability to communicate decisions in a clear and non‐confrontational way;
j. Computer literacy and competence with a wide range of software used in administration and financial management are essential;
k. Excellent knowledge of English.
The position is full time and based at the AFAAS Secretariat in Uganda with the possibility of renewal. The period of assignment will be until June 30, 2011
Please send (via e-mail) comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with the names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone and fax numbers of three referees to:
Dr. Monty P. Jones, Executive Director, FARA, PMB CT 173, Cantonments, Accra, Ghana; Email:
email@example.com ; Fax: +233 0302 773676. Applications will be accepted up to 22nd October 2010.
FARA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from men and women. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
NB : Please use the reference code indicated above as your subject for when sending the emails and application letter.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to