URGENT and Immediate O&M Expert for Orissa irrigation Project.
HYDROSULT (Canada) is in need for an O&M Specialist for the ADB Loan "Orissa Irrigation Project". The total duration is 24 man-months over several missions, each mission from 3 to 4 months.
The O&M Specialist will support the international counterpart to develop subproject specific O&M plans within the framework of the guidelines prepared by the preceding TA. These subproject specific plans will be prepared in a participatory manner and the O&M Specialist working with DOWR and the PPs will support the implementation of these plans.
The O&M Specialist will have an advanced degree in civil engineering with 10 years of prior experience working with irrigation systems and 5 years of that experience directly associated with operating the systems. The consultant will have demonstrable experience of using appropriate computer software/programs. Specific activities will include:
• Review the broad operating guidelines prepared under the component TA (as part of their subproject planning exercise) and use these as a framework to prepare subproject specific operation manuals
• Ensure that the operation plans both include PP input in their preparation and that the PPs are identified as responsible entities for some aspects of the operation
• Review existing subproject maintenance plans and prepare subproject specific maintenance plans with the maintenance responsibilities of DOWR and the PPs clearly identified
• Assist the PPs in developing an understanding of the procedures they will follow in undertaking maintenance activities as specified in the Pani Panchayat Rules
• Assist DOWR field staff to put into practice their operation and maintenance responsibilities as identified in the plans
• Work with the NGO Support Services Teams to assist PPs put into practice their operation and maintenance responsibilities as identified in the plans
• Develop training materials, assist the Project Director and the Team leader define training delivery arrangements and support the delivery of operation and maintenance training
If you meet the qualifications, then send your applications to: