Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Director of Grants Management
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Last Date: September 12, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Director of Grants Management
The Director of Grants Management will lead the grants team and ensure that all
projects are implemented and reported on in an effective and timely manner.
Exemplifying the mission and vision of this dynamic, rapidly growing
organization, the Director will be responsible for overseeing all of the
financial components of managing grants.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and implement efficient policies, systems and rules for opening,
managing and closing grants
• Refine processes and policies to ensure effective and timely reporting to
• Advise on the selection of a grants database, and take the lead in making it
• Maintain active grants list and reporting calendar
• Ensure effective hand-off from grant-seeking team to headquarters staff and
project implementers in the field
• Streamline administrative aspects of each grant to ensure maximum efficiency
• Facilitate a clear understanding of each relevant staff member’s role and
• Work with finance and project staff to plan, analyze and make any necessary
adjustments to meet the set objectives within the project life cycle
• Track project budgeting, workplans and reporting and take ownership of any
issues that need to be resolved that may delay projects
• Ensure that grants are completed on time
• Ensure that all internal systems comply with funder regulations
• Lead monthly meeting with senior management to review each active project
• Other responsibilities, as deemed appropriate by the Chief Operating Officer,
will be included as part of the role
• Reports to the Chief Operating Officer
• Manages the grants team
The position is located in Dakar, Senegal, at Tostan’s International Office.
The Director of Grants Management will be required to travel approximately
25% of the time, mostly in the African countries in which Tostan operates.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
Fluent in written and spoken French and English.
• Strong organizational skills
• Basic computer and networking experience
• Financial knowledge of budgeting, reporting, etc.
• Familiarity with presentation technology
• Leadership and management skills
• Writing and editing skills
• 7-10 years of experience in budgeting and reporting, as well as financial
aspects of grants management in an international non-profit organization
• Experience in project management and grants administration
• Experience improving and implementing effective systems in an organization
• Experience in a multinational organization or an organization with multiple
regional offices would be an asset
• Believes strongly in Tostan's mission to empower African communities to bring
about sustainable development and positive social transformation based on
respect for human rights
• Functions effectively in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural work environment
• Works efficiently in a hands-on environment with limited resources
• Demonstrates cultural sensitivity, empathy and respect for people and
different points of view
• Develops and manages positive working relationships at all levels, acting with
diplomacy, tact and integrity
• Maintains a positive and cooperative attitude
• Has an encouraging, empowering and supportive team spirit
• Is a strategic thinker and demonstrates sound judgment
• Is a clear communicator with an open, honest and straightforward manner
• Is resilient, takes initiative and is persistent under pressure
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to
email@example.com . Please be sure to put
“Director of Grants Management” as the email subject. Please note, incomplete
applications will not be considered.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to