Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Head of Sub-Delegation
Swiss Red Cross (SRC)
Location: Hyderabad, Pakistan
Last Date: January 11, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is involved in the planning and implementation of reconstruction and rehabilitation programmes in several disaster affected areas abroad. After its emergency response, SRC plans various Reconstruction and Rehabilitation projects in the Sindh Province, in the Southern part of Pakistan. Therefore SRC is urgently looking for an experienced
Head of Sub-Delegation
Based in: Hyderabad, Pakistan
Starting date: 1st February 2011 or by arrangement
Duration of contract: 12 months (extendable)
In a first phase the Head of Sub-Delegation will set-up and manage the sub-delegation and will also be responsible for preparing and bringing forward the planned reconstruction and rehabilitation projects. In a second phase, his role will be that of a supervisor. He is reporting to the SRC Country Representative in Islamabad, Pakistan.
• Responsible for set-up of sub-delegation and overall office management.
• HR Management: Management and supervision of a small multi-disciplinary team of international and national staff in a culturally sensitive environment.
• Finance: Responsible for budgets and transparent and accountable finance management and reporting.
• Coordination and Representation: Networking with partner agencies, local authorities and other stakeholders on site.
• Reporting: Progress monitoring, regular narrative and financial reporting and elaboration of project documentation.
• Planning, supervision and monitoring of rehabilitation and reconstruction projects including material quality, project costs, work process and progress.
• Preparing public invitations to tender; bid evaluation and selection of local contractors.
• Preparing contracts with selected bidders and ensure follow up of contract implementation.
• Minimum of 3 years professional qualification as a project manager, architect, civil engineer or similar, with overseas experience in rehabilitation and reconstruction projects (housing, schools, hospitals and/or other large infrastructure projects).
• Profound experience in project management including organizational matters, HR, budget control and financial reporting.
• Aptitude to coordinate and lead a team.
• Sense of responsibility, high motivation and ability to motivate others.
• High social competency, well developed communication skills and the sensitivity to work in a demanding cultural environment with staff of various cultural backgrounds.
• Proficiency in English.
• Previous working experience in Red Cross Movement is an asset.
Due to the urgent nature of this recruitment, candidate reviews will commence immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement and will continue until a suitable candidate has been identified. Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their application without delay.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please apply to: Swiss Red Cross, Isabel Bangerter, Rainmattstrasse 10, 3001 Bern, Switzerland, or by e-mail:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to