Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to almost
0.5 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
German Foundation for World Population (DSW)
Last Date: August 27, 2010
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Vacancy Announcement: Country Director
German Foundation for World Population (DSW) is an international development organization based in Germany with Country offices in Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia. DSWs main goal is to help people free themselves from poverty. For this purpose we support integrated programs in sexual reproductive health and rights focusing on youth empowerment, capacity building of local partners and advocacy. DSW is now looking for an experienced and committed Country Director leading the organizational growth of our Tanzania Country Office / Training Centre based in Tengeru/Arusha.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
Strategic management and in- country representation :
- ensure that DSW Tanzania operates within the national legal framework;
- represent DSWs interests at senior Government level, with major donors and stakeholders
- develop relations with national stakeholders who have a strategic fit with DSW
Program Design and Program Cycle Management:
-ensure all program activities are in line with signed agreements and workplans
-work closely with partners to ensure effective implementation of plans and budgets
-develop a sustainable funding strategy for programs in conjunction with international DSW staff.
-raise funds directly with local and regional donors in –country
-develop project proposals in line with DSWs strategic directions and donor guidelines
-ensure high quality narrative and financial reporting to donors and DSW Head Office
Organisational Development and Effectiveness
-responsible for all staff and operations in Tanzania
-mobilise resources for organizational growth
-manage growth process of a learning organization
-ensure effective communication within the country office, with other DSW offices and stakeholders
-monitor compliance of expenditure made in the country office against agreed budgets
-support capacity building of local partner organizations
• Degree in Development, International Relations, Management or a relevant area
• Minimum three years of progressive work experience as organizational head
• Proven ability to lead, manage, inspire and motivate staff
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
• Excellent oral and written English, and Kiswahili language skills
• Problem solving with the ability to multi-task
This position is available immediately and based on a two year renewable contract.
Please send Application Letter and CV including copies of qualifications and reference letters as evidence of your experience and skills by 27th August to the following Email:
Only short-listed candidates will receive a response.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to